September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Mall of America Birthday Adventures!

 
Chelsea turned 5 on January 23rd!   We made a big deal out of her birthday this year and started celebrating a few days before!
 
Chelsea's preschool teachers made her feel special the Thursday before her birthday.  She brought in treats for her class and brought in five items that showed the class more about her.  I let her choose her items.  She brought a book, a dance metal, a Barbie, a headband and unfortunately I forgot what the last item was.  Her teachers made her a birthday crown and spoiled her silly!
 
We went to Panera for dinner after school.  She had been asking me for bread bowl soup so that is what she got!
 
Grandma and Grandpa Fisher sent presents for the kids so they got to open those that night as well!




 
This is one happy girl!
 
 
  We don't have any kiddo activities nor school on Fridays so it's what I call our free day.  I wanted to do something special, fun and 100% for the kids.  Especially since Chelsea's birthday was the next day!  I packed them up into the truck and took off for the MOA right when it opened. 
 

We started out at Sea Life!  The kiddos loved it so I purchased a family membership for the year.



 
 
Chelsea was a little scared of the sharks but loved the turtles!






 

 
 
The Caiman were my favorite!  They looked so fake because of how they sit in the water and how still they were.  I even asked an associate on the way out if they are real!  They are. 
 





 
Once we were done with SeaLife we went straight up to the Children's Museum to check out the Dinosaur exhibit. 

Chelsea decided to paint her face immediately upon walking in!






 
A video of Chelsea enjoying herself at one of the exhibits! 








 
My little monkey!



 


 
Tyler decided that he was in need of some face paint!


 
The kids really enjoyed themselves at the Children's Museum!

 
The kiddos still wanted to go check out the Lego area and the Disney Store.  To save time (since Tyler still requires a nap we usually have to leave by 1pm) we stopped at Jamba Juice for lunch.  The kids love smoothies and can drink them in the stroller without taking time to sit and eat.  I was hoping these would satisfy them for lunch!

 
Time to play legos!



 
I let the kids pick out their own legos from the big lego wall.  You fill up a cup with as many legos as you can fit for a set price.  They really enjoyed picking out their own legos!

 
Last, but not least, we headed over to the Disney Store.  The kiddos love this store and it takes all my willpower NOT to buy anything!



 

 
I was hoping to get a few walking laps in after the Disney store but before we had to leave.  Unfortunately the kids were still hungry so begged me to stop at the first food court we saw.  Tyler enjoyed some Chinese noodles and Chelsea opted for a hot dog and French fries!

 
I took this picture in my garage when we arrived back home.  The kids had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment