September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Saturday, May 14, 2016

The zoo, girls night out, the cabin and a mommy and chelsea day

In looking at the pictures on this blog a huge smile comes to my face.  We've really had a great spring so far and have already done so many fun things!  Since there are so many outings documented in this blog I'll get right to the picture captions.
 
I'm obsessed with this cooler bag.  I've been trying to get more into packing lunches for us while we are out and about and we are going to be on the go so much this summer that a decent cooler bag is necessary.  When I saw this one I fell in love!  It came with the little containers inside and an ice pack thing that fits right in the middle of the two container columns. I've used it twice and am very happy with it.

 
We have a membership to the zoo and the kids really wanted to see the baby farm animals and feed the goats. We had a 'free' morning with no activities so we made the trek.  Unfortunately I completely misjudged the weather, and after spending a few hours viewing the inside exhibits it was still too cold to enjoy walking all the way over to the farm animals.  The kids too the news in stride and I've promised them another visit soon!
 
 



 
We stumbled upon a duck feeding on the tropics trail!


 
We also stumbled upon a scuba show!



 

 
Chelsea loves to pose with statues


The wolves are my favorite exhibit.  I am extremely fascinated with wolves!



 
Since we decided to stay inside during this visit we went up to watch the Monk Seal presentation.  It's the second time we've seen it but the kids really enjoyed it!




 
After getting home from the zoo we relaxed at home for a couple hours then hopped back in the car to watch my niece Alyssa's hockey game in Eden Prairie.  It's so fun to watch Alyssa play and for the younger cousins to run around together during the game. 



 
Ben took Tyler to the cabin a few weeks back on a Saturday morning and came back Sunday afternoon.  That gave me over 24 hours with just Chelsea.  The options were endless on what I could do with her!  I rarely get this time with just Chelsea so wanted to make it really fun and really special for her.
 
 
This may seem weird, but we went to Cub first thing in the morning.  How is this special you ask?  Yes, we go to Cub several times per week, but I'm always wrangling two kiddos, groceries and trying to get us all out in one piece.  Chelsea has been begging me to push a big cart for months but I never let her because it would just cause a huge fight between her and Tyler.  I had to pick up a few groceries and decided that this would be the time I finally let her push a big cart!  Grocery shopping is so much easier with only one five year old child in tow.
 


 
I also FINALLY let her pick out a treat from the evil candy presentation in the check out line.  She was a very happy little girl!

 
After Cub I took Chelsea to Toys R Us to pick out a Monster High movie and doll!!

 
After hanging out together for the afternoon we met up with friends at Benihana's.  A few of my friends and their kiddos (who happen to be some of Chelsea's friends as well!) met up for a special dinner out.  The girls all wore pretty dresses and had so much fun together.  Being able to bring Chelsea to a relaxed and fun dinner was such a treat.  Tyler is tough to go out to eat with and I was able to relax with my friends and spend time with Chelsea.  
T



 
We let the kids all sit together and they did so well!





 

 

 
 
The kids all felt grown up and proud of their 'adult' meals.  They were all impressed with the cook as well!


 


 
Chelsea was proud of her chopsticks!  She can use them better than I can.

 
 
We all had a blast!  
 
 

 
As I was enjoying my Chelsea / mommy time Ben was enjoying his Daddy / Tyler time!  Ben invited his friend Steve and his daughter Lydia up with them.  It was so wonderful for Tyler to have a friend his age to play with for the weekend.  Ben sent me the below pictures while he was up there.  It sounds like they had a blast!








 
Another thing Chelsea has been begging me for is a 'big girl' haircut.  We go to the Plymouth Lifetime Fitness a lot and she walks by (and notices) the salon there every time we go to the club.  I decided to finally relent and let her go to a real salon to get a pampering hair cut experience.  She loved it so much that I'm pretty sure she won't be going back to the kids hair cut place anymore!
 
 
I snapped a few pictures of her through out the hair cut, but she made it very clear that she wanted to do it on her own.  I spent most of the time spying on her from the waiting area.  

 
Chelsea experiencing her first salon hair wash.  She was a little confused at first but then completely relaxed and enjoyed it.  





 
Chelsea's first real blow out!

 
Wow!  She looked amazing and was worried about 'messing up' her hair for the rest of the day.  


 
Chelsea finished up her special weekend at a friend's movie theater birthday party that afternoon.  She was very proud to show off her hair to all her friends!
 
 
Here are a couple random pictures I took the next week.  They are too cute not to post.  Chelsea likes to strike a pose.  She asked me if I could take pictures of her in different poses so she could see what looks the 'cutest'.  I agreed, but told her she could only do three poses.
 


 
Upon reviewing the pictures, she informed me that this was the winner!


 
Tyler wanting to be in a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment