September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Timberwolves, Food, Snow, Sunglasses and Mama's bed!

Friends of ours invited us to a Suite at the Timberwolves game this past Wednesday.  We had a great time and felt very spoiled!  My mom's club has been such a blessing.  We have met so many wonderful, fun friends!
 
The girls!

 
We are missing one couple in this picture :(  

 
I've noticed by my blog page views that people seem to be very interested in my juicing and food.  I've started taking more pictures of foods that I make for my blogs.  I hope you enjoy!
 
Ben left for a guys snowmobiling weekend on Thursday so the kiddos and I have had plenty of bonding time already this weekend.  Since we were unable to leave the house for two days (snow storm and I am stuck driving the Altima) Chelsea and I did a lot of cooking together.  I want to get her involved in prepping food with me so she gets excited about the healthier meals.
 
 
I fell in love with a pre packaged quinoa salad that Byerly's sells.  Since both my kiddos love it I decided to try and recreate it.  It's a hit!  Quinoa, Chopped peppers, craisins and parsley.  The dressing is made of garlic olive oil, lemon juice and pepper. Serve cold!
 


 
Chelsea helping mix up the ingredients!

 
Breaded oven fried green beans!  These are so darn yummy!  The kids love them because I put some marinara sauce in Dixie cups for dipping!  Dip green beans in egg, then coat with your favorite bread crumbs and then bake for 10 (ish) minutes at 375.  I'm OBSESSED with these!
 
Chelsea helping!

 
So yummy!


 
Kale Chips!

 
Both my kids love apples!


 
One of my favorite restaurant meals is Chili's margarita chicken.  I went online to find a recipe to recreate the black beans.  It's so simple!  Chelsea is helping mix the seasoning in the black beans in this picture :)  I put the beans in a quesadilla for Chelsea.  Tyler and I eat them as is.
 


 
I'm trying to juice more and am so excited for my new juicer to arrive!  Chelsea loves to help me juice :)  Her favorite juice is orange with blueberries.  In this picture we are making a green juice with celery, apple and spinach.

 
The finished product!

 
Tyler chowing down on some healthy foods!

 
So, a major snow storm (9 inch snow fall with 30mph winds) hit thursday into friday. Of course, Ben was gone with the suburban on a guys snowmobiling trip.  I got the pleasure of using the snowblower for the first (and second, and third, and fourth...) time.  Normally I wouldn't post (nor take) so many pictures of the snow, but I am pretty darn proud of myself for getting as much done as I did with two young kiddos running around!  Especially since I'm not much of a winter outdoor girl.
 
Our driveway around 6pm on Thursday. 


 
Tyler went to bed around 6 on Thursday so I put Chelsea in front of a movie, suited up and headed out!

 
Proof I actually used it!

 
My finished product!  I know it's not pretty, but darn good for my first time ever!

 
So, i'm feeling pretty good about myself going to bed on Thursday.  I also know that I'll have to snowblow a tad bit more on Friday morning but wasn't concerned.  Oh boy... I didn't know what I was in for!  It kept snowing overnight AND strong winds blew the snow everywhere!
 
 
This is a picture of our deck Friday morning.

 
Out our front door friday morning.

 
the snow drifts on the driveway were above the height of the snow blower!

 
Out the back door.  Notice how the snow is up to the top of the fence?!

 
Yeah.. I'm taking a break from the snow. Chelsea is awake and ready to do some art.  She decided she wanted to play with the sophia art set grandma and grandpa Loveland bought her for Valentines Day!


 
Back in the kitchen!  Chelsea helping with Guac!


 
Grapefruit!  one of Chelsea (and mine!) favorites!

 
Ok, back to the snow.  This is a picture of my handi work after the plow came through on Friday.  It didn't come through until 11 or so.  Not the best parenting move, but I wasn't sure what else I could do.  I went out in fifteen minute increments and had Chelsea "watch" Tyler.  I would run in, check on the kids, then run back out to finish.  I didn't complete the entire driveway, but enough so we could get out if needed. 
 




 
Ok, back to food :)  Chelsea and my dinner on Friday.  Tyler was already at the table chowing down!  I had couscous, guac and black beans.  Chelsea had the same plus chicken. YUMMY!

 
Tyler chowing down!

 
This is what happens when you have an older sister ;)  Tyler really liked wearing the sunglasses!

 
Tyler wearing his shades demonstrating how much of a trainwreck he can be (and usually is)!






 
Ben is snowmobiling this weekend with some of his guy friends.  I decided to invite the wives and kiddos over tomorrow morning for a playdate!  Chelsea and Tyler will be entertaining 8 friends and we will all have lunch as well.  Everyone is bringing a dish to share.  It should be a great time!
 
I'm making Mac N Cheese and will have the 3 year olds help me make pizza!

 
For the first time EVER I am letting Chelsea sleep with me tonight.  Oh boy.. I hope I don't regreat this!  She is in my room right now and I have no clue if she's sleeping or not.  Once I wrap up this blog I'll head in.  

 
Chelsea was so excited to sleep with me she actually looked at me and said "I'm tired" and put herself to bed.  


 
Night Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment