September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Monday, June 22, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend in Alexandria!

As always, I'm a bit behind on blogs, but am going to try and catch up a bit this week.  We've been busy enjoying this wonderful Minnesota Spring that I haven't taken the time to sit down and document it yet! 
 
As always, we went to Alexandria over Memorial Day Weekend this year and enjoyed a fun filled and busy weekend!  We took a ton of pictures so I will post several blogs documenting the weekend.
 
We always visit Steve at the cabin over Memorial Day weekend each year.  The weather is usually pretty crummy so we were very lucky this year with having beautiful weather. Ben took work off on Friday so we were able to wake up and head straight to Alex for an extra long weekend.
 
As soon as we arrived at the cabin the kiddos wanted to run down to the dock to throw rocks.  Throwing rocks is one of their favorite past times anytime we are near a body of water.

 
Big rocks!


 
I take a picture of this view at least 20 times each year... I can't get enough of it!

 
More rock throwing!

 
Tyler playing with Chelsea's fishing pole



 
Splash!

 
Tyler refused to wear his life jacket the first time we tried to put it on him.  He seemed VERY tortured while wearing it so we headed to Walmart to let him pick out a new life jacket.  He finally settled on a Nemo life jacket and has no problem wearing it now!

 
If we want to relax on the deck a bit we will put some toys in Ben's canoe and let the kiddos play for awhile.  They are somewhat contained and we can get a few minutes of relaxation in!



 
Ben getting our boat ready to launch for the season!

 
The kiddos were being good helpers!


 
Neither kiddo naps well at the cabin so every time we go on a car ride they both usually fall asleep.  Tyler zonked out several times over the weekend and I got a lot of snuggle time with my little man after reaching our destination.  

 
I had some major neck / back pain so scheduled a massage at Arrowwood that Friday afternoon. My parents graciously watched the kiddos for me while I was at the massage while Ben and Steve put the boat in and did some work around the cabin. 
 
 My parents live on lake Carlos which is connected to lake Darling where Arrowwood resort is.  I drove by Bug A Boo on the way to my parents' house.  It was like a trip down memory lane.  I pretty much grew up on Lake Carlos and Arrowwood was my stomping grounds.  I also worked at Bug A Boo summers through college the first few years after it opened.  I thought it would be fun to take the kiddos and my parents to Bug A Boo for dinner after my massage.  It was a beautiful day, the food was good and I loved being back on the patio eating, not serving!
 
 
Bug A Boo Bay!

 
The kiddos noticed the bounce house in the parking lot and were immediately very excited to be there!

 
They added this garage door since I've left and it's brilliant!  It's a garage door separating the inside dining room with the outside deck.  On nice days they raise the garage door so the inside diners can still see and feel the outdoors easily!

 
Chelsea patiently waiting for her food

 
My parents!

 
A small portion of the outdoor seating area

 
The outdoor bar

 
Bounce house playtime!







 
The beautiful view from the deck


 
Time to eat!  We ordered the beer battered onion rings and the platter was HUGE!  We barely dented them and I brought the left overs back for Ben and Steve.

 
Tyler trying his first onion ring.  He loved the batter but spit out the actual onion :)

 





More Memorial Day Weekend Blogs and pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment