September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Family Time!

 
 
I focused on spring time activities with friends on my last blog so thought I'd focus on family activities for this blog!
 
Ben brought the kiddos to watch me play volleyball a couple Thursdays ago when I had an early game.  They really enjoyed playing in the sand and climbing around.  They may or may not have watched me play :)
 
Ben took the kiddos out on the court after our match was over so they were able to play a bit of volleyball!


 
Since Chelsea isn't in school this summer I have to bring her with to Tyler's OT appointments.  That means, I get an hour of uninterrupted Mama / Chelsea time each week!  We were able to go out to the playground one week (no classes were out there!) and we had it all to ourselves!




 
Chelsea doesn't get to play with her computer too often because it causes a fight between her and Tyler.  I now let her bring her computer to Tyler's OT appointments and she loves to take pictures of everything!  I wonder where she gets that from?! :-)


 
After Chelsea took a few pictures of me she wanted me to take pictures of her making silly faces!
 
 
I took the kiddos to Ben's work for lunch one day.  Ben always spoils the kids and pre orders their food and has it waiting for us when we get there.  He ordered Tyler a cheeseburger that was almost as big as his head!  Tyler was too distracted to eat while we were there and as I was packing it up in a to go container Tyler insisted on carrying it out and eating it while walking to the car. He was very proud of his burger :-)


 
The kiddos always have to stop and check out the fountain in the lobby of the Carlson Towers on our walk out.  

 
Ben surprised us with tickets to see Peter Pan at the Children's Theater.  It was such a fun experience and was really well done.  Chelsea loved it and Tyler did pretty well.  There was enough 'action' to keep him interested for most of the time.  The rest of the time we kept him busy with snacks.

 
Chelsea earns coins by cleaning her room / play areas, making her bed and taking naps.  She can earn up to 4 coins per day if she works hard.  She gets to pick a prize for when she earns 30 coins.  The first prize she wanted was to go to Chucky Cheese.  She worked hard, earned her coins so mama took the kiddos to Chucky Cheese for some play and pizza!  I didn't take too many pictures because my hands were full running around after them and helping them with games. 
 

Chelsea is now at 27 coins working for Hot Stamps for her hair.  She has already planned her next prize and that is to go to the Children's Museum!  She is very motivated to earn her coins!
 
 
Chucky Cheese!


 
I always struggle with what to buy Ben for special occasions.  We wanted to do something special for him this father's day so the kiddos made personalized stepping stones for him.  It was a really fun activity and the kiddos love seeing their stones in the front landscaping!  PS.  Thanks for the idea Diana!




 
Ben chose a perfect spot for the stepping stone to be!

 
We have had fabulous weather so far this spring / summer.  Fabulous weather makes me lazy in the kitchen.  I'd rather sit out back and let my kids enjoy the night than to park them in front of the TV so I can cook a sit down dinner.  Grazing meals (that I can set outside to let them pick at) are going to be very common in our household this summer!
 

I took a picture of a couple of the grazing meals I prepped.  So pretty!




 
Mina enjoying her outside time!  She loves to find a shady spot in the yard and roll around :)


 
Dinner is served!

 
When mama's energy is draining after being home with the kiddos all day, daddy saves the day with some fresh and fun energy!  Here he is setting up a home made slip and slide!

 
Videos of the kiddos enjoying the slip and slide!!!
 

 
Popsicle time!

 
Chelsea had her first full dentist appointment a few weeks ago.  She actually loved it!
 
 
Here she is giving me the thumbs up! she really enjoyed wearing the sunglasses during her exam :)

 
Tyler enjoyed brushing the teeth of the stuffed animals with the big creepy teeth!




 
The dental hygienist got a kick out of tyler going over to the sink to actually put water on the toothbrush to brush the stuffed animals' teeth.  It was pretty cute :)

 
The dentist said her teeth looked great!  only problem... she's going to have to stop sucking her thumb soon because her teeth are moving.  I'm not exactly sure how we are going to accomplish that!


No comments:

Post a Comment