September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Cabin Adventures, Fun Times and Some Scary Storms

We headed to the cabin a few weeks back for a long weekend.  As always, we had a great time!  We fished, explored and played a lot.  Unfortunately the weekend ended with some scary storms and Ben, Steve and I showing up to the neighbors house with two kids and a dog in tow!
 
A heads up... my pictures are WAY out of order and definitely do not flow.  And as always, I'm too lazy to organize and re download them. 
 
A wonderful start to a beautiful day!
 

 
Ben on anchor duty!

 
Catching a 'baby fish' as my kiddos like to say! 

 
One day over the weekend I took the kiddos on a couple errands to give Ben and Steve a little down time at the cabin.  It was lunch time after we finished with errands so I decided to bring the kiddos to D Michael B's for lunch.  I haven't been there in a couple years and have forgotten how fun the restaurant is.  It is a complete cabin feel and there is so much for the kiddos to look at.  I'm not a bloody mary drinker but there was a wonderful looking bloody mary bar set up.  If I was a bloody mary drinker I may have had to call Ben to pick us up after lunch! :)
 
 
The kiddos posing by our table

 
Pizza!

 
Spaghetti!

 
Antsy kiddos


 
Back at the cabin.  Chelsea is turning into a good little fisherwoman.  She can use adult poles (but prefers her princess pole). Ben and I were chatting on the dock not really paying attention to her while she was fishing.  All of a sudden she gets our attention by screaming "mom, dad, how did I catch this one?!  How did I get this one?!" We look over and see her hauling up a big largemouth all on her own!  Of course, my pictures are out of order so a few more will follow in a bit!
 


 
Tyler joining in on the action!



 
We purchased beads to make bead necklaces if we had some downtime.  I love doing crafts with the kiddos.

 
More fishing!

 
Chelsea with one of her favorite people.  Uncle Steve!

 
Miss Adventurous jumping off the dock!

 
Helping Mr. not so adventurous jump off the dock :)







 
Steve Taking me out fishing while Ben bathes the kids!  It was so nice to do some 'real' fishing.



 
Back to Chelsea bobber fishing!


 
After Ben snapped this picture I remember thinking life can't get any better than this!

 
Back to the baby fish I caught. Tyler LOVED it!

 

 
Another picture from D Michael B's. Tyler being typical Tyler and playing with the light above our table.

 
Chelsea's big Bass!




 
Beading!



 
Swim Time!

 
Tyler "jumping" off the dock

 
Ben showing the kids how it's done!


 
Snack time!


 
Chelsea learning to pee off the side of the boat!

 
Steve took me out Sunday night to go fishing when Ben was bathing the kiddos.  I knew there was potential of storms but thought the sky looked ok to go out for a bit.  Little did we know what was going to hit us!



 
About 10 minutes before we got the phone notification to take shelter

 
My northern!


 
I got a phone notification saying storms were coming and to take shelter and took this picture.  Poor Steve... I told him we should keep fishing (I'm slightly addicted) and he gently told me we should go in.  He's a smart man!


 
Ben and the kiddos were waiting for us on the dock as we pulled in.  As soon as I got off the boat it started raining so I ran up to the cabin with the kiddos.  Ben and Steve secured the boats and ran up after us.  I grabbed the diaper bag and threw two beers into my purse (yes, pure class).  We grabbed the kids and dog and headed over to the neighbors house (The cabin doesn't have a basement) to seek refuge.  They opened up their house to us with open arms.  We hung out there for a couple hours before heading back to the cabin. The storm was pretty darn scary.  The power eventually went out and stayed out all night. We left for the city early Monday morning and had to brush our teeth in a McDonalds bathroom!
 
 
Ben hanging with Mina in the basement of the neighbors house.


 
Tyler giving Steve a big hug

 
This picture doesn't do the storm justice

 
Mina huddled in the corner


 
The neighbors offered us good company, beer and laughs

 
So out of order.  Anyways, Ben's walleye he caught while I was in town with the kiddos. Catch and release!  Good man :)

 
After the threat of tornados passed we ran back to the cabin in the pouring rain.  Steve ran with Tyler.  I love this picture.  They are sopping wet and Tyler is feeling so secure in Steve's arms.  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment