September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Strawberry Picking and a Mommy Margarita and Kiddo Playdate!

Ben went on a Boy's Weekend in June so the kiddos and I had a weekend at home filled with fun  activities.  In this blog I'll post pictures from that Friday and in the next blog I will post from the rest of the weekend.  It was a very busy, yet fun weekend! 
 
 I took the kiddos strawberry picking at Berry Hill Farm in Anoka that Friday morning.  Thank you Lauren for the suggestion! We arrived right when they opened and spent about an hour at the farm.  We had so much fun not only picking our own strawberries but also enjoyed being in the country surrounded by nature.  I enjoy suburban living but would move to a smaller town in a heartbeat if it were possible.  I wish I had a friend who lived on a farm that I could visit with the kids!  If you know of someone, let me know ;-)
 
The kids excited to go pick their own strawberries!
 

 
There were rows and rows and rows of strawberry plants!

 
 

 
The kids were proud of their strawberries!




 



 
We paid for our 5 pounds of strawberries and the kiddos immediately wanted to eat a few!  Strawberries are one of Tyler's favorite foods and Chelsea loves them as well.





 
After we arrived back home we washed the strawberries and made some lunch.  I'm pretty sure the kiddos inhaled a pound of strawberries within a few minutes.  I had to cut them off from eating the strawberries because I was planning on offering them at a playdate I was hosting that afternoon.  The strawberries were all gone by 5pm that day!  Next year, we will pick 10 pounds :-)
 


 
The kiddos nap time on Friday was my set up time for the Mommy Margarita and Kiddo Playdate we were hosting that afternoon.  



 
The bowl on this table is a 'sensory bucket'.  I filled a tupperwear with gel like sensory balls and buried little animals for the kiddos to find in it.   


 
Snacks!

 
You can't have a Friday afternoon playdate in the summer without margaritas for the moms! 


 
and beer ;-)

 
 
Party time!

 
Kristina taking charge of pouring the margaritas for us!
 
 
 
Four of us moms!













 
 
It rained for about twenty minutes during the party.  Everyone ran inside to the basement and continued to play!

 
The girls pulled out the dress up clothes and Tyler wanted in on the action!





 
Look at those little toes!

 
The rain stopped and we somehow got all the kiddos together for a picture!




 
Finishing up the day with a pizza dinner for Chelsea, Tyler and Charlotte!


No comments:

Post a Comment