September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Week long vacation at the cabin (Lake Mina)

Ben, Chelsea, the doggies and I went on a vacation away from the city to stay with Uncle Steve July 8th - July 17th.  We stayed with my parents (who live on Lake Carlos just outside of Alexandria) the first night.  Before we went to my parents house we stopped by the cabin to introduce Chelsea to Doug and Tammy (Ben's Uncle and Aunt) who were staying with Steve and leaving the next morning.   We were so happy that our schedules overlapped and we could catch them before they headed back down to Iowa! 

 We left my parents house around 10AM on Satuday morning to go meet our friends Ryan and Steph at the cabin.  My parents offered to babysit Chelsea overnight Saturday night so we could have a "night off" and were able to relax and enjoy our friends.  Ben's brother Jon and his girlfriend Shanna were also at the cabin that weekend so we had a full house!  It was definitely for the best that Chelsea was staying with Grandma and Grandpa.  She does SO well over there and I can tell she really enjoys being at Grandma and Grandpa's house!  I do have to say, my parents are lifesavers when it comes to helping us out with random night's out and short periods of time of watching Chelsea.  I don't know what we'd do without them!

The rest of the week it was slower paced with just Ben, Chelsea, Uncle Steve, the doggies and I at the cabin.  Chelsea really seemed to enjoy herself up there.  She got lots of fresh air, took longer than normal naps, "swam" a lot, went fishing with us, etc....   

We went over to visit Great Grandma and Grandpa Fisher (Ben's Grandparents) on Thursday of our vacation week.  It was a short visit but we really enjoyed seeing them and were happy that they could spend some time with Chelsea as well.  That Friday we went out to eat with my parents and brother and family.  Saturday Kent, Julie (ben's aunt and uncle), Lili and Luci Sandvig came to the cabin.  They were overlapping with our stay and were planning on staying with Steve for the next week.  So, once again, Chelsea met more new people!   We were so thankful to have been able to see as many people and visit as many people as we did over our vacation week.  and once again, we did not do a good job at taking pictures thru out the week of everyone, but I will post some that we did take!

Steph, Me & Shanna 
 Ryan & Jon
 Steve & Mina
 My often neglected fur baby Mina
 Chelsea, Steve & Ben
 Chelsea and her lemon :)
 Daddy & his "Mini Me"
 I love the cabin!
 Steve is fun!
 Chelsea's "car"
 Swimming with Daddy
 oops!
 Drying off


No comments:

Post a Comment