September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

YUM-O!

Chelsea LOVES finger foods.  The problem with that statement is that she only has two bottom teeth!  She can eat a lot of finger foods, but not the variety of foods (and nutrients) that I would like her to be able to eat.  I was tired of giving her toast, peas, carrots, unhealthy baked goods, applesauce and shredded cheese for her to munch on for meals.  She was never a fan of the store bought baby foods (except for the fruit) and I would find myself throwing out leftovers because she would not finish a jar within three days. 

In doing some research I found out how EASY, INEXPENSIVE and NUTRITIOUS it is to make your own baby food!!  I wish I would've started this months ago!  I've been making her food for the past couple weeks and she is loving almost everything that is put in front of her. Even with buying all organic ingredients the cost is minimal.  I feel so good knowing exactly what she is eating and that all the ingredients are fresh with no preservatives.

"Pears and Potatoes" that I made last week and froze


"Green Beans and Rice" that I made last week and froze


Freezer safe individual serving size dish for baby food!


The book that has changed my view on what to feed Chelsea


Boiling Sweet Potatoes!


Cooked Sweet Potatoes and Bananas - See how easy this is!



The end result of 1 sweet potato and 1/2 banana = 4 meals for Chelsea!


Chelsea LOVES pears and apples.  So why not combine them?!



Time to freeze these portions and then transfer into ziplocks.  I take what I plan to feed Chelsea the next day out of the freezer and put into the fridge the night before.


Making some mashed potatoes - a special treat for our little babe tonight :)  I'm making Ben and I meatloaf for dinner and I'm assuming that Chelsea isn't exactly ready for that yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment