September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Teavana

I am so excited for my new Teavana Set and to be able to drink GREAT tea at home whenever I want!  I have learned that tea bags have NOTHING on loose leaf tea brewing.  I never knew tea could taste this great.  I'm addicted!!

I fell in love with the Teavana Tea samples in the mall months ago.  Every time I was in the mall I'd walk by the store a few times just to get another taste.  Yep, I'm THAT person!  When I went into the store the first time I was all set to buy some tea and a pot.  Well - of course I fell in love with the cast iron pots (which are ridiculously expensive) and didn't like any of the less expensive options.  Ben just looked at me and said, "put it on your Christmas list."  Not what I wanted to hear!! :( :( :(

 So THANKS to gifts from  Ben, Barry / Jane, and my parents I had some $$ to play with at Teavana.  I went to the mall the first day I could and bought everything my heart was desiring!  I came home with a cast iron pot, 5 tea cups, a serving tray, pot warmer and 4 different kinds of tea! 

I have had the pot for almost a week now and have brewed at least two pots of tea per day since I've had it.  I bought some very low caffeine teas so no, I am not bouncing off the walls  :) So don't be surprised if next time you walk into my house I offer you a cup of Tea instead of a beer!  Ok..  who am I kidding?!

 Of course, I had to be a dork and take pictures of me brewing a pot!  I'm still very excited about it so here is my Teavana story in Pictures :)

Heating the water in my old tea kettle



A picture of the serving tray with the cups and pot warmer. 


A tea light keeps the warmer and pot hot (to keep the tea hot) for hours!


My pot on the warmer




Time to put the tea (and rock sugar!) into the pot


I put the loose leaf tea in the strainer in the pot.


Poured the hot water over the loose leaf tea and into the pot.  


After a few minutes of steeping you take out the strainer with the loose leaf tea. 



Now I have hot tea ready to enjoy for hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment