September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

National Night out Parade

Our neighborhood got together on Tuesday night for National Night Out.  It started with a kiddie parade where all the kids decorated strollers, wagons, bikes, etc.  The parade ended a few houses down from ours.  Everyone brought a snack to share and had some time to socialize with the neighbors. 

 I was feeling extremely ill (Ben had to come home early from work because I just couldn't function )  on Tuesday so I wasn't going to attend.  Ben took it upon himself to shop for and decorate Chelsea's stroller!!  Once he had it complete I pulled myself together and decided I just had to participate since Ben worked so hard on the stroller :)    I'm glad that I got out of bed and walked the parade and socialized a bit. Thank goodness I had just baked some cupcakes the night before so I had a dessert to share!  I ended up going home early, but Ben and Chelsea stayed for an extra hour and he said it was a lot of fun.  It was great see so many people out and about in the neighborhood.  Our neighborhood seems very 'sleepy' this summer. 


The stroller ready to go!


Ben getting Chelsea all set








The meeting spot for the parade


Practicing her wave!  She ended up waving at and saying hi to every DOG she saw... not person :)




Chelsea hit the jackpot with all the desserts that were offered at the end of the parade!


messy donut face!


A view of the 'crowd' from my house

No comments:

Post a Comment