September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Friday, May 9, 2014

Parks, Friends, Shopping and Guitars :)

We biked to the park Easter Sunday early afternoon.  Ben pulled both the kiddos behind him on the bike and I was able to enjoy a leisurely bike ride :)  It was so nice to be able to get outside and enjoy a nice sunny day.
 
 
 
 
Tyler following me across the park!

 
Weeeee!



 
Hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa!  I can't remember exactly when I took these pictures, but it was sometime in the past couple of weeks.  We've been fortunate enough to have been able to spend a lot of time with my parents this past month.

 
Chelsea loving all the attention :)  She loves being 'wrapped up like a burrito"

 I have really gotten into reading about rock bands, learning about music and branching out with my musical tastes the past few months.  I have discovered a STRONG love of the guitar.  I am obsessed with listening to songs with a strong guitar presence.  My favorite (of the moment) is Jimmy Page... who else?!
 
 
With that said I've started learning to play the acoustic guitar this past month. I know it's pretty crazy for a stay at home mom of two very young kiddos with very little time to pick up such a complex instrument  to learn from scratch.  I'm determined and I am patient.  It may take me years to learn how to play songs, but I am OK with it.
 
I took this picture during the first week of my practicing.  Thank goodness I was prepared for my fingers to hurt.  I pushed past it and now my fingers rarely hurt and I'm building the calluses' needed for successful play.   


 
I took this picture after my first guitar lesson.  This guitar was lent to us by a friend (who now agreed to sell it to me so it's all mine!!!).  Without him lending it to me I don't know if I would've pulled the trigger to play since it would've been a pretty big investment in a hobby that I wasn't sure about.  I immediately fell in love and now know it's a passion I want to pursue. 
 

Written on the paper are a few basic cords that my instructor taught me.  Even though I have advanced since this first lesson I will always keep this slip of paper.  If I ever get frustrated I'll pull this out to show myself how far I've come.

 
I was trying to practice while Tyler was awake.  Not a good idea!

 
I took the kiddos to Kohls a couple weeks ago.  I don't think I've ever really shopped at Kohls but wanted to check it out.  It is GREAT for kid clothes!!!  I can't believe I didn't discover it earlier.  I even walked out with a few shirts for myself :)
 
 
Unfortunately there was a huge accessory area for Chelsea.  It was very tough to get her away from the display empty handed.

 
I love the kiddo cart at Kohls.  Most kid friendly carts are huge, but this one was so easy to manuver and Tyler LOVED being in the front!

 
Tyler raising the roof to some Ozzy :)

 
Chelsea at Maddie's house!

 
Tyler enjoying some yummy mac n cheese that Andi made for the kiddos during our play date.

 
yummy yummy!

 
The crew!  

 
Tyler checking out Maddie's guitar.  I have since purchased the kiddos their own toy guitars :)

 
Chelsea at her friend Katelyn's house.  Chelsea dove right into Katelyn's dress up bin!

 
Katelyn joined in the dress up fun!

 
Just hanging out :)

 
A picture I took of Chelsea earlier today.  She has been under the weather for the majority of this week but got a little energy today to play dress up.  She got tired and decided that it was time to lounge on the couch in her bunny dress up clothes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment