September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Pure Bliss!

I am sitting in Argo Tea on Michigan Ave. in Chicago as I write this.  I've ordered myself a mint tea and am enjoying a full afternoon of Trisha time!  Ben and I are in Chicago with his work and he is on his way to the Cub's game right now.  I decided to stay back to wander around Michigan Ave, walk along the Lake and enjoy an afternoon of no plans or obligations.  Pure Bliss!

Coffee / Tea shops are one of my 'happy places'.  There isn't a whole lot more relaxing to me than chilling here with a cup of tea and my computer in front of me.I have so many pictures that I haven't loaded to blogs yet so I'll attempt to begin playing catch up with this blog. These are all Phone Photos.  I have many more on the camera from Easter and will hopefully get those uploaded soon. 

Steve stopped by to visit us Easter Weekend on his way down to Iowa.  We always love having him visit! 

Getting ready for dinner!




 
we were lucky with some fantastic weather on Easter Weekend.  The kids love helping daddy grill :)

 
Tyler on Easter Sunday enjoying his very first Peep!

 
Chelsea fully enjoying her Peep!

 
Chelsea's school had an Easter Egg Hunt and created Easter art the Thursday before Easter :-)

 
I brought Tyler with me to Target one morning after dropping off Chelsea at School.  She really wanted a crawling Mini Mouse.  I planned on buying it for her for Easter.  Well, Tyler absolutely fell in love with her (I tried to get him interested in other options) so I ended up buying TWO crawling mini's.  Tyler also received one from the Easter Bunny ;-)


 
This is Chelsea's regular mini mouse doll.  Tyler definitely has a thing for Mini Mouse :)

 
Tyler at the doctor's office.  Mini Mouse had to join him.

 
I flipped this table over (in the waiting room at the doctor) so Tyler couldn't crawl up on it and launch himself off like he normally tries to do.  He wasn't a fan of me flipping the table so was desperately trying to flip it back over!

 
But Mom!

 
The fish tank is always a star attraction for him

 
Ben was home from work on Good Friday so I took advantage by having a few hours with just Chelsea.  I took her to get a manicure and pedicure and then met some friends and their kiddos for lunch.
 
 
Chelsea's first manicure.  She loved it but I don't think I'll be getting her another one for a couple of years.  She chewed off all the nail polish by the end of the day.






 
Drying her nails in a nail dryer.  This is the LAST time I will ever let her use a nail dryer.  While Chelsea was drying her toe nails the woman's dryer next to her literally lit on fire!  One of the manicurists ran the dryer out of the store.  It was really scary and THANK GOD it wasn't Chelsea's that lit on fire. 

 
After her nail appointment we met some friends at PF Changs.  We got there a little early so Chelsea was entertaining herself by making farting noises on her arm :)  I pick my battles...

 
Needless to say, Chelsea wasn't very happy with me in this picture.  I told her she couldn't order a lemonade until the meal came.  She was NOT happy with her water.

 
Yummy Lettuce Wraps!

 
Hanging with her friends!

 
There isn't a whole lot better than Chicken Low Mein!

 
Mini Mouse is popular at our house at this time.  Chelsea's new mini mouse swimsuit!  She was modeling it before her lesson.


 
I usually use her lesson time to sit and read a book while she swims and I put Tyler in the child care center (Lifetime Fitness).  To my dismay, I forgot my lifetime card this day so I wasn't able to put Tyler in Childcare.  It wasn't a very relaxing lesson this day!


 
This is a sign of a successful long walk :)

 
Enjoying a warm spring day on the deck!

 
Chelsea and Tyler go nuts over berries.  I filled this plate full and they were gone very quickly.

 
More food!  We tried out the new Rusty Taco off of Bass Lake road a couple weeks ago.  Very yummy!


 
Chelsea and her friend Perla hugging!

 
Tyler and Fynn!  Hugs all around :)

 
I met Andi, Maddie and Dannie at the MOA one day last week.  I made the mistake of walking by a bin full of balls in Old Navy.  This $4 purchase (and Andi's big bag of popcorn!) made Tyler a very happy boy.


 
Andi and I ordered green smoothies at Jamba Juice.  The kiddos ended up drinking most of them :)

smoothies all around!



 
Chelsea at home with her berry smoothie!

 
Chelsea is now in a 'big girl' booster seat!

 
Play areas at lunch spots are key for young kiddos!  Another lunch 'playdate'.



 
Tyler Exhausted from all the play

 
Another picture of Chelsea passed out on our long walk.

 
Tyler's first ball cap!

 
My son knows how to wiggle out of any cart restraints and refuses to sit nicely...  

 
Cuteness overload!

 
My Diva

 
A wonderful $1 purchase.  Chelsea wore these ears for two days straight!

 
There are two guaranteed things that make Tyler happy.  #1:  balls, balls,balls.  He loves playing with balls.  #2:  Lovies.  He loves snuggly soft stuffed animals.  He usually shares his crib with four at night.  


 
I'm wondering how long this Mini Mouse obsession will last??

Now, it's time to log off, deposit my computer back at the hotel and wander around Downtown Chicago!  I have three more hours of me time and am going to take full advantage!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment