September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Lots and Lots of Vacation Pictures!!

I love Kale Chips.  The Whole Foods in Palm Desert was selling  HUGE bunches of organic kale for $1.50.  For anyone who loves kale knows this price is unheard of here in MN.  I made two pans full of kale chips for a snack on vacation and the kiddos were in heaven.
 
My picky eater loving his kale!
 


Chelsea claiming an entire plate for herself!

 
We went out for a walk one morning to explore the grounds of the resort




 
The lobby of the resort offered fruit infused water. The kiddos looked forward to our daily stop for fruit water!

 
Yummy!

Wandering the grounds


 
Tyler giving mommy a flower!  Both of my kiddos love flowers!

 
Cheese!


 
Tyler hates being restrained.  Holding him for a smiling picture is not an option!

 
Ben wearing a tank top with snow covered mountains in the background!

 
Checking out the kiddo activity center!  The activity center offered bins of toys for our use, arcade games, books to borrow (and take home if you didn't finish them), a movie theater playing free movies (and popcorn!) all day long and several scheduled activities through out the day. 
 
 
Another small, but great thing about the child activity center is that they offered free swim diapers.  It doesn't seem like a big deal, but it was for us.  We went to Walmart the first day of vacation to buy supplies.  One of the items on our list was swim diapers for Tyler.  They were sold OUT of swim diapers.  Yeah... you read that right.  A walmart in CA didn't have any swim diapers.  We were trying to figure out where else to go to buy some.  Fortunately we found out that we could have as many as we needed from the resort.  The small things make a big difference!
 


 
We brought the kids to a scheduled free activity.  Free finger painting!  




Painted hands!

 
Tyler's finished product!

 
Chelsea's finished product!

 
We went out walking and exploring some more after finger painting!
 


 
Mama was happy to have run across a volleyball court!

 
I remember thinking in this moment....  how nice is this to be able to wander around aimlessly, sit in the sand with my daughter with no outside pressures / tasks in the back of my mind.  I fully enjoyed this moment.  

 

 
Ben fully enjoying some relaxation

 
Be still my heart....
 





 
Sibling love
 




 
My precious baby boy


 
Tyler is the most loving, snuggly, affectionate boy.  I could've laid like this forever.  Tyler lasted about a minute :)

 
Tyler loves kissing mama :)


 
Wild flower picking!



 
Ben likes taking pictures of me with food / cooking.  Snack time for the kiddos!

 
We had free access to grills all around the resort.  Ben grilled up hamburgers and sweet potatoes one night for us and we enjoyed a 'picnic' dinner!


 
Only one of these cocktails is for me!

 
Our picnic area!

 
Ben manning the grill!

 
We are hungry!

Time for bed!

 
A picture of part of our 'room'
 
 
More of our room!

 
We brought the kiddos to a city park one morning and it was beautiful.  This is a picture of lots and lots of turtles sunning themselves.
 



 
What a cool statue!

 
Chelsea being Chelsea :)

 
More sibling love!


 
More flowers!



 
There was a beautiful Holocaust Memorial in the center of the park.   




 
The turtles!







 
Duck feeding time!  So, the duck feeding started off innocent enough.  As soon as the ducks realized what was going on about a hundred (no, I'm not exaggerating) ducks came running up to us begging for food.  I love animals but have a slight fear of birds.  Especially ducks that I'm not familiar with running straight up to my kids with their beaks snapping.  I put down the camera and got my family out of there ASAP!   





 
A video of the kiddos feeding the ducks.  Before it got out of hand!

 
The kids running free and enjoying the sunshine!



 
Swing time!



 
Play ground time!










 
I had to risk taking pictures (and waking them up) of my sleeping kiddos.  They looked so precious!


 
Chelsea and Tyler slept in the same room!


 
Ben is an early riser and took pictures of the moon setting over the mountains one morning.  Beautiful.  I was happily snoozing away :)





 
I know you've been waiting for pool pictures!  I took a lot on my phone and those pictures will all be posted in a blog later.  We did take our camera to the pool a couple times.  We went to the pool every day but didn't want to drag the camera a long most of the time. We went to two of the five pools.  One of the pools (and the most kid friendly pool) was only two blocks away so it was very convenient.  Now, in writing these blogs, I want to go back!
 




 
Could life get any better than this?







 
Chelsea with a new friend!






 
More kisses!




 
PB&J time!


No comments:

Post a Comment