September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Monday, March 16, 2015

Our second full day of vacation! The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens!

We went to the Living Desert Zoo and Gardens on Tuesday morning of vacation.  http://www.livingdesert.org/   This was one of my favorite parts of vacation!  I love animals and love learning about different animals.  I'm that annoying person who has to stop by every plaque to read all the descriptions then have to talk about what I read for the next five minutes! 
 
Chelsea and I ready to see the animals!


 
The first thing we ran across while exploring was a big train track.  There were so many cute buildings, vehicles, and so on in this huge outdoor track.  This is every little boy's dream come true!  Unfortunately Tyler was snoozing in the stroller so he didn't get to see it. We debated on bringing him back to see it once he woke up but decided against it.  We weren't quite sure if we could keep him from jumping the fence to play with everything!  




 
The zoo offers camel rides!  Of course I had to immediately fork over my $5 and ride a camel!  We were trying to get Chelsea to get on the camel with me, but she refused.  She did enjoy petting him!
 


 
Here we go!


 
The camel was so tall!  The ride was so relaxing and peaceful.  




A video of me on during my camel ride
 

 
The giraffes! 

 
The Ankole Cattle were by far my favorite animal at this zoo.  I was so fascinated by them and asked a million and one questions of the zookeeper that happened to be standing right there!  I finally was drug away when Tyler decided that he had had enough.  Here is a link to this magnificent being if you want to learn more!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankole-Watusi
 


 
The first picture is of the dad.  These two are his sons.  The mom is (quoted by the keeper) in the big heard in the sky.  The son in the background of this picture was born with some nerve damage so his neck is permanently tilted to one side.  Even though he looks a little different he is still happy, not in any pain nor 'picked on' by the other cattle. 
 


 
One of the plaques I had to stop by to read :)

 
Ben with his kiddos :)

 
Chelsea deciding she had enough of taking pictures and Tyler gladly posing with Daddy!

 
Snuggles!

 
Chelsea and I both REALLY loved this little 'dog'.  So darn cute!


 
This was one big kitty cat!

 
Chelsea 'reading' the plaque like mommy :)



 
What a typical boy.  we take Tyler out of the stroller to look at the animals a little closer and he decides to go play in the dirt with his truck!


 
Carousal time!


 
Chelsea on the Mountain Lion!
 
A video of us on the carousel
 


 
Hi!

 
We started exploring the garden section of the zoo.  We only lasted a few minutes there because Tyler was getting to close to all the cactus!  


 
My supermodel!

 
And off they go!


 
The big horn sheep on top of the rock pile!
 
I have more pictures from the zoo on my phone and will post those on a later blog!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment