September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Facebook hurting or helping the social life????

Starting tomorrow I am running a "test" for myself and not going to be Facebook Active for two weeks.  I love Facebook because it's so easy to see what people are up to, let others know what you are up to and so on.  BUT - I am also torn because I think Facebook actually secludes a person.  I think it's SO easy for people / friends to see what you are up to that a person never gets personal phone calls or emails anymore.  It's been a long time since I've received a personal communication asking how I am, Chelsea is, what I've been up to, etc.  I am guilty on this issue as well... I see what people are up to and don't make an effort to get ahold of someone to touch base.  Phone calls are very difficult for me as well, unless you catch me driving or during Chelsea's naptime.  I KNOW people care and are following me / us, because when I see friends they will say they saw a status update on facebook and want to talk about it.  I am just not AWARE that people care unless I see them.  That probably makes no sense, but hard to put into words. 

I will continue posting on my blog for these two weeks.  I love this blog... it's so great for long distance friends and family to stay updated in our lives and to see Chelsea grow!  I am just not so sure that Facebook is a great avenue for someone, like me, who needs more personal interaction :-)

Hope everyone has a happy Thursday !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment