September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Dogs & Apples!

Last blog of the day!  I'm on a roll today :)  I seem to go a week without getting on the computer and then during Chelsea's daycare days I try and play a little catch up!

As I was playing catch up on my computer this morning the dogs wandered down to my office to hang out with me.  My office is also Chelsea's playroom.  In her playroom is the wonderful red chair that my parents bought for her.  She absolutely loves and it and crawls all over it.  Well... The dogs decided that they LOVE it as well!  This may prove interesting when Chelsea and the dogs are in the playroom at the same time!  Below are pictures snapped a couple minutes apart for about 15 minutes.  It's pretty cute.







Last Sunday I met up with a couple girlfriends and went to AppleJacks Orchard  ( http://www.applejackorchards.com/) in Delano.  It is such a cute orchard!  I usually only buy HoneyCrisp Apples for eating but this year was convinced to buy some Harlason apples as well.  I haven't ever baked with apples so I thought I would give it a shot.  Today I made some homemade applesauce and my first ever applecrisp! 

The Applesauce is to die for!  It's so incredibly easy and I will NEVER buy jarred applesauce again.  I'm going to test it out on Chelsea tonight and see if I get her approval! The Applecrisp is good as well.  I think next time I will add a little cinammon to the apples to add some more flavor.  I was so proud of  myself in my baking that I took pictures during the cooking process!  What else is a stay at home mom supposed to do when the baby is gone and the house is clean?! :)

Applesauce





Applecrisp





No comments:

Post a Comment