September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Green Thumb

At our old house in Plymouth we had a huge garden and I loved tending to it.  At our house in Maple Grove we don't have a garden.  Gardens don't seem very popular in our neighborhood unfortunately.  I have some perennials to care for out front but that is about it.

 I've been very into eating organic fresh food (fruits and veggies) lately and really want a vegetable garden.  Since I currently spend my days with a toddler and have one on the way a vegetable garden would be too much for me to tackle this year.  Instead, I went to Dundee Nursery and bought a couple tomato plants and some herbs to plant in pots.  I haven't ever grown veggies (wait, tomatos are fruits, right?) in pots before so hopefully they work out well!

Since I was already at the nursery, picking up some annuals to plant in containers out front seemed like a great idea as well!  I spent a couple hours yesterday (Chelsea's daycare day) arranging my annual containers and planting my veggies.  It felt so great to be able to do some gardening for the first time in  a couple years.  Hopefully, one day soon, I will have my own vegetable garden in the back yard!

My goodies from the Dundee!


One of the two pots out front.  Coleus, New Guinea Impatients and Glacier Ivy.



The pot on the left is my herb pot.  Has Basil, Parsley and Chives.  The two on the right are my tomato pots.  One 'patio tomato' and one cherry tomato.

No comments:

Post a Comment