September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Friday, September 13, 2013

Applejacks Orchard

One of my favorite things to do in the fall is to visit Applejacks Orchard in Delano.  I brought Chelsea at least three times last fall when I was pregnant with Tyler.  There are so many (FREE!) toddler friendly activities to burn some energy out.  I also love making applesauce and apple crisp.  Applejacks also sells this amazing apple fritter bread that tastes amazing plain or made into French toast.  I buy several loafs per year and freeze them to use at a later date.
 
We made our first visit to the orchard yesterday.  My friends Nikki, Charlie and their kiddos met us there.  Since it's so early in the season not all of the activities were up and running and the apple selection was pretty slim.  We still had a great time!  The kids played on the hay stacks, loved the animals and Chelsea REALLY enjoyed her apple donut and apple juice that I bought her for a mid morning treat! 
 
Chelsea, Tyler and I were the first ones to the orchard Thursday morning.  Chelsea had the entire hay / slide play area to herself!
 

 
Chelsea loves school bus's.  She excitedly points them out while we are driving.  She was very excited to have her picture taken here!

 
Tyler was slowly waking up from a nap in this picture

 
Chelsea wasn't quite tall enough for this one!

 
Driving a tractor!

 
Queen of the haystack!

 
Tyler checking out the hay


 
Perla and Chelsea


 
Weeeeeeee!

 
Tyler and Finn

 
Charlie hanging out with the toddlers

 
Tyler trying to get to Chelsea

 
Donut and apple juice!

 
Chelsea and Perla enjoying their apple juice

 
Nikki helping the toddlers feed the goats


 
There are the cutest little pigs at the orchard this year.  I love them!



 
After a couple hours of play I took Tyler and Chelsea in for lunch.  Tyler chomping on an apple

 
Chelsea extremely excited about her mac n cheese!  I had a taste of it and OH MY GOSH... this is the best mac n cheese I've tasted in a long time. Home made and very yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment