September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Bluefin Bay!

It's been way too long since I've sat down and posted a blog!  I have several that will be posted within the next couple of days, I promise :)
 
I'm going to start with our main  Blue Fin Bay Blog.  This one has lots and lots and lots of pictures!  I will post two more documenting parts of our trips with the pictures from Ben and my phones.
 
We have been going to Blue Fin Bay on Lake Superior over Labor Day weekend with the Hays family for several years now.  We all absolutely LOVE and look forward to this weekend every year.  Well, I think Chuck and Andi do as much as we do that is ;) 
 
The Fisher Family had a few bumps in the road on this vacation.  I'll get the icky stuff out of the way first so I can write about the fun stuff in picture captions. Tyler refused to nap or sleep in the pack n play so I ended up sleeping with him in a bed every night, I burned my hand on the stove Friday evening (OUCH!) and was sick in bed (stomach issues, what else?!) from about noon Saturday for the rest of the day / night.  BUT - like I said, we still had a great time, the kids had a blast and we've already booked our trip for next year!
 
We always go with the Hays Family to Blue Fin.  Well, with 4 adults, 4 kids and one on the way we don't exactly drive with them or stay with them, but we see them A LOT.  We stayed in neighboring 3 bedroom townhomes and have already booked the exact same ones for next year!
 
This is from Friday night.  Andi brought the kiddos over to our place to play for a bit while Chuck finished unpacking. 



 
It didn't take long for the kisses to start!

 
Maddie and Chelsea reading a book together

 
And then coloring together

 
Dannie Checking on Baby Boy Hays!


 
Chuck making us all dinner on Friday night!  He made tacos and they were extremely good!

 
The girls hanging out together while Chuck makes dinner.  Ben had Tyler out by the lake throwing rocks so I was able to sneak back to my place and read for twenty minutes kid free!

 
After a rock throwing adventure!

 
There were Seagulls everywhere 


 
Our townhome patio door.  It doesn't look like much, but it is very nice!

 
Ben and Tyler throwing rocks in the distance


 
I finally decided to stop taking pictures, put my book down and go back over to the Hay's household for some pre dinner toddler reading :)

 
The cook!

 
Some after dinner sibling play time!


 
The indoor pool is very close to our townhomes so we headed over there after dinner.  



 
Tyler still isn't a big fan of swimming pools, but we are trying!

 
The kiddos loved hanging out in the hot tub!  Tyler seemed much happier in the hot tub than the big swimming pool. 

 
I snuck in a picture!

 
It's fun to watch these two grow up together!


 
Tyler being 'adventurous' and leaving the hot tub stairs to walk over to Chuck


 
This is me trying to get Tyler to sleep.  We let him cry it out in the pack in play for a long time, but he just flat out refused to sleep.  After some snuggling I was able to finally get him to sleep and transferred him in the pack and play around 9pm.

 
The next picture is the ONLY time Ben and I had together sans kiddos all weekend.  Including sleeping....
Once Tyler fell asleep on Friday night we went next door and played some cribbage.  It was my first time playing and I loved it!  I loved it so much Andi decided to buy me and surprise me with a board the next day :)

 
After about an hour of playing cribbage Tyler woke up so it was back to work for us.  Since he flat out refused to even try to sleep in the pack and play we brought him in bed with us.  I couldn't sleep  and left the bed early morning and crawled into Chelsea's bed with her to sleep.  Oh, and I had burned my hand earlier on so that was very painful.  What a disaster!

 
My burn wasn't quite as painful the next morning and didn't look too bad but I wrapped it up to make sure I didn't irritate it further.  ugh


 
We headed out to the Temperance River Saturday morning after breakfast. 






 
Absolutely beautiful!




 
This picture looks a bit familiar :)  




 
And off he goes!

 
Dannie smelling the flowers I picked for her

 
Throwing rocks!



 
just hanging out 



 













 
The kids making "soup"!

 
Chelsea trying to keep Tyler away from her soup!

 
They are so darn cute together!



 
Towards the end of our outing at Temperance River I started feeling really ill.  It seemed to come out of no where and I was cursing my luck thus far on the vacation.  I ended up laying down after lunch to try and sleep it off.  Well, I ended up staying in bed the rest of the day.  On the positive side....  there are worse places to be sick in bed.  My room was right next to the lake and the crashing waves, seagulls talking and fresh air was very soothing.
 
 
Ben and Chuck took the kids on a post lunch bike ride.  Blue Fin offers free bike and Burley rentals.


 
Ready to go!


 
Everyone ended up going to Grand Marais Saturday late afternoon. I physically couldn't be there but they all had a good time. I do not have any pictures on this blog from Grand Marais, but will post a few from Ben's phone on a future blog.  This is when Andi bought me my cribbage board :)
 


I ended up sleeping with Tyler again on Saturday night.  I told Ben to take the bed in Tyler's room so he could get some Ben time.  He had to work triple as hard Saturday since I was sick and he definitely deserved some rest!
 
Ben woke up earlier than the rest of us on Sunday and took some pictures of the sun rise.
 




 
 
He must have also thought that our lined up shoes were cute :)

 
Chelsea sleepy head!

 
Tyler and I passed out together!  He is a big snuggler and had to sleep right next to, or on me.

 
Sunday post breakfast!  PS.  I was feeling much much better when I woke up on Sunday!


 

 
 
Painting rocks was the morning kiddo activity!




 
Dannie was very delicate with her painting


 
Chelsea and Tyler's finished product

 
I don't remember what this game is called, but the kids loved hitting the ball around


 
Getting ready to go swimming again! Tyler really wanted to wear Chelsea's goggles around his neck



 
After lunch we walked up to the café to get the kiddos some ice cream

 
Chelsea and Maddie running across the boardwalk!

 
Chuck lifting Chelsea up to look through the telescope

 

 
This is the Coho Café!

 
There is a little Market within walking distance of BlueFin.  We make several trips here every weekend! 

 
Dannie and Tyler checking out the pastries!

 
Ben helping Chelsea sample the different ice cream flavors

 
Maddie sharing with Dannie

 
Tyler doesn't like ice cream so I bought him a fruit rope

 
 
Miss. Sleepy head.  This was taken right after Chelsea woke up from nap. Ben brought Tyler on a long car ride Sunday so he'd take a nap.  Chelsea napped in her bed so I was able to prep dinner (crockpot) and read on the patio.  I was a very lucky girl that afternoon in getting some Trisha time.


 
When Ben got home from driving Tyler around we pulled out the bed in the living room and let the kiddos relax a bit and watch a movie


 
The movie quickly lost it's appeal so Ben and I took the kids down to the beach to throw rocks.  Lucky for us we stumbled upon another free craft time so Chelsea and Tyler got to make bead necklaces!


 
Tyler and Chelsea enjoy putting stickers all over themselves :)


 
Sunday night dinner at our place!

 
post dinner play!

 
 
I've officially run out of pictures from the vacation from my camera!  Phew, that was a lot!  I'll post more from our vacation later when I see Chuck and Andi's pictures and from our phones.  I think my fingers need a rest now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment