September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Good Times and Good Friends!

There are a lot of random pictures in this blog and a majority of them are of friends!  Both my friends and my kiddos friends.  Playdates, parties and adult only outings keep us sane! :-)
 
At a pump it up birthday party!  Chelsea had a blast!

 

 
 
I built a quick car ramp for the kiddos one afternoon.  It kept them entertained for a few hours until it was smashed!  oops!  I've never claimed to be an expert builder :)


Chelsea playing with her new tea set and Tyler playing with his car ramp.  These simple times make life so happy!
 
 

 
During spring break week, when all kiddo activities were cancelled, I took Tyler to Cabela's one morning.  He would spend all day watching the fish if I'd let him!

 
Lake Sturgeon!  I would LOVE to catch (and release of course!) one of these some day!

 
On to the taxidermy!



 
Tyler fell in love with this big stuffed fish pillow.  I was starting to wonder if I'd have to bring one home with us but he actually put it back when I asked!



 
After Cabelas we went to Maynards for lunch!








 
One of my friends was done with these car crib sheets and I jumped at the chance to buy them!  Tyler is in heaven!

 
Tyler waking up from a car nap.  He's so darn cute!


 
 
We were all pretty lazy the night before Easter so I had some quality snuggle / movie time with the kiddos.  I ALMOST didn't want to put them to bed.  Almost!


 
We went to the Play and Learn Café in Minnetonka with some friends.  What a wonderful idea!  It's a little café (that serves very good food) PLUS a very safe kiddo play area for kids 6 and under.  I was able to chat with my friends and eat lunch in relative peace while the kiddos played instead of having to follow them around everywhere. 

 
Tyler really loved the wooden train set

 
lunch time!

 
My meal.  It was so good and I devoured it!  The little plate on the left is bacon wrapped dates and apricots with a goat cheese dip. I hadn't really ever had goat cheese before and really enjoyed it with the appetizer and on my salad.  It's a major win for me with having a cows milk allergy. YUM!



 
Tyler enjoying the play area

 
A picture of the entire play area.  

 


 
There was also space for the kiddos to play on riding toys!


 
My friend Diana turned 40 this year so some of us girls wanted to do something special for her.  We surprised her at the spa for a spa day!  It was my first real full spa day and it won't be my last ;)  At night a bunch of us surprised her at Pittsburgh Blue (in a private room) for a fun dinner and a night cap at the Stanchion in Corcoran.  It was a really fun night but needless to say, most of us were pretty slow the next day ;)
 
I'm a dork and had to take a picture of the lunch the spa provided us with.  It was very fresh and very good! 


 
we could choose between a salad, sandwhich or wrap.  All were beautiful so I took another picture :)

 
Halfway through our spa day at lunch!

 
A picture of the girls at Pittsburgh Blue! Unfortunately the lighting wasn't the best in the room and the picture didn't turn out the best :(

 
The birthday girl!

 
My friend Kelly who was 36 (??) weeks pregnant in this picture!  She was such a trooper and even stayed late at the Stanchion and drove a bunch of us home that night.  Bless her heart!

 
Dinner at Pittsburgh Blue!


 
Diana and I after a few too many cocktails!

 

 
Moving back to domestic life now :) The kiddos have all these play animals that they love.  Ben and I came up with the idea to make them an animal house for their animals.  We worked on it a few nights after the kiddos went to bed and had a lot of fun doing it!


 
The finished product!

 
All the animals! Tyler especially loves the dinosaurs. 




 
The kiddos were very surprised and very excited to see their animal house!


 
Chelsea stayed home from school one Tuesday and came with Tyler and I to Tyler's soccer practice.  Coach Dean graciously let her participate and she was in seventh heaven!  I'm hoping Chelsea wants to play soccer next year!



 
Daddy and kiddo snuggle time!

 
We went over to my friend Stella's house one night for dinner and play.  Stellas kiddos are about the same age as ours and the kids get along wonderfully!
 
Chelsea and Amalia having fun!

 
Isn't Alex so stinkin cute?!

 
Tyler checking out the tattoo options :)


No comments:

Post a Comment