September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Friday, June 3, 2016

Ben's Birthday, 7K Race, Puzzle Room, Globetrotters, Easter, and lots more!

As I've been catching up on blogs this week I've realized that I completely skipped March's pictures!  In this blog I'll go back a bit and post pictures and events from March.  Enjoy!
 
Chelsea and her friend Mia!  Chelsea will be in Kindergarten at Rush Creek Elementary next year and the orientation was held in March.  We got a tour of the school and we even got to ride a school bus.  This was Chelsea's favorite part!  Chelsea is very excited (and ready) for Kindergarten next September!

 
 
Ben's birthday is in March.  I got the kiddos super involved in planning for his bday this year.  They decided that daddy needed a theme and that theme would be Minions! 
 
 
I never know what to get Ben for his birthday.  I figured a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue wouldn't be met with any complaints.  The kiddos were very excited to help me wrap it up. 


Johnny Walker Blue with a side of Minions?!  Perfect!


 
Chelsea and Tyler waiting patiently for daddy to get home from work!


 
Uncle Steve always comes to visit us on Ben's birthday weekend.  

 
Ben and Steve enjoying his bday gift


 
I had signed up for the Get Lucky 7K in Minneapolis the next day.  I am not a runner and haven't ever participated in a race before so was super nervous.  A couple of the girls were planning on walking the entire thing so I joined in with the walkers.  We had a great time!!!



 

 

The walkers!


After the race we all met up for lunch.  I'm not a huge fan of bloody Mary's but couldn't resist ordering one just for the goodies on top!


 
Back to Ben's birthday celebration!  Steve and Ben were out golfing so the kids and I put a sign on the garage door to greet them as they came back into the house.  

 
We also made daddy Minion's cupcakes!

 
Of course, the kids wanted Minion's mac n cheese for dinner that night!

 
Chelsea and Tyler were VERY proud of their finished cupcakes!

 
Daddy's home!


 
Chelsea dressing up as mama with all my race gear!

 
The next week Chelsea had her skating photos.  I put the black sparkly band around her head thinking it was a headband until another mom came up to me and whispered that it was a belt.  Oops!  



 
 
Chelsea has been doing her own hair for months now and is getting really good at it.  Here she is with pigtails that she put in herself!


Chelsea and Mina taking a nap in my room.  They both looked so cozy!

 
The kiddos getting creative with their toys!


 
Chelsea's first day of Basic 4 Figure Skating!






 
Cousin Time at the zoo for Ari's bday!





 
We went with some friends to a puzzle room and sushi afterwards.  We had a great time and it's always nice to have friend / adult time!


 
oops, pictures out of order.  Here are a few more pictures from Ari's bday celebration at the zoo!



 
Chelsea and I lounging on the couch!
 


 
Another mommy / Chelsea selfie.  We went with some friends to the Harlem Globetrotters in March.  We had a great time and the kids REALLY enjoyed themselves!




 
We celebrated Easter as a family of 4 this year.  We celebrated simply but had a lot of fun doing so.
 
 
The Easter Bunny's stash







 




 
We decided to give coloring eggs a go this year.  The kids loved it!









 
Minions even crept into our Easter Celebration!  The kiddos LOVE LOVE LOVE their Minions!

 
Time for an egg hunt outside!

 
Each kiddos had certain colored eggs to find and they were all filled with chocolate and jelly beans!








 
YUM!


 
We didn't know what to do with our colored eggs after coloring them so I let the kids have fun mashing them up with my potato masher!

 


 
 
It looked pretty!

 

 

 
Mina daring me to take her off my bed so I could put clean sheets on it.  She definitely rules the roost!


 
Tyler was feeling a bit under the weather one day while Chelsea was in dance class.  He was curled up on the couch for the entire lesson.  Poor thing!

 
We got home and I took his temp. He had a fever and was getting sicker and sicker.  Chelsea wanted to be right next to Tyler the entire time and tried to snuggle and comfort him.  She is such a caring little girl and I know Tyler felt better knowing Chelsea was right there.  They are best friends indeed!



 
Chelsea made Tyler a bed in the living room and continued to lay next to him!




 
Mr Man felt a whole lot better the next day and was begging to help me in the kitchen!  I am hoping to cook with the kids a lot this summer.   Hopefully I have enough patience to bring them into the kitchen with me .  They REALLY REALLY want to help me anytime I'm making something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment