September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chelsea's first couple days at home!

It's 3:30 AM on Saturday the 29th and I have been looking at this blank blog page for a good fifteen minutes now.  How do I sum up all the "events" of Chelsea being at home for over two days now?  I will just have to do that:  Make it a summary!

Both Ben and Chelsea are sleeping and I'm taking advantage of these few hours (knock on wood!) of quiet to catch up on odds and ends.  We are both slowly learning how to be "productive" at all hours of the day.  I haven't EVER had a problem with napping during the day, but Ben is slowly learning how to nap.  Before Chelsea, the only way he would lay down for a nap would be if he was sick.  The random and short sleep we are getting right now is the biggest adjustment for the both of us.  As long as I get random stretches of 2-3 hours of sleep I feel good.  It must be the adrenaline and newness of everything getting me thru each day / night without much of a problem. 

The first night Chelsea was at home was a tough one.  She slept the entire day (minus diaper changes and feedings) and decided that she wanted to become a fuss bucket from 11PM on.  The second night was a dream.  She only woke up for feedings and diaper changes, it was pure heaven!  Tonight / this morning is the third night.  She was a fuss bucket until about 2AM and now seems to be settled down a bit.  Knock on wood!

We took Chelsea to Target and Babies R Us with us on Thursday.  We were both so nervous!  She slept the entire time and was not fussy at all.  We kept checking on her or poking her in the car seat to make sure she was still breathing. We were also nervous about the car seat on top of the carts and so mad at other drivers on the road!  we had precious cargo in our car, didn't they know that???? :-)  I can't imagine bringing her somewhere by myself.  I'm going to be such a wreck the first time I have to. 

The home care nurse from Methodist came for her visit yesterday (Friday) AM to check on both Chelsea and I.  She took out my staples from the C-Section incision and checked me over.  She said I am healing very well and quickly (well, as quickly as you can from a c-section that is).  In about a week's time I will be able to drive and hopefully not be quite as sore in the tummy as I am now. Hopefully in a couple days time I can get off the meds that I feel like I'm taking all day long.  Chelsea is a very healthy and alert girl.  She was born at 9lbs 8oz, left the hospital at 9lbs 2oz and weighed 9lbs 4oz yesterday morning.  The home care nurse said to expect about an ounce of weight gain a day so she is right on track.  Chelsea is also eating a full 2oz at each feeding! The home care visit was very helpful.  The nurse stayed for an hour and a half answering our questions, checking over Chelsea and I, giving us some hints and suggestions. 

Our neighbors Rob and Trisha came to visit Chelsea last night.  They have four kids of their own, so we will definitely be using them as a resource.  They've offered to bring us dinner next Monday and we are taking them up on that very generous offer.  Our friends Katie and Kjirsten will be visiting Chelsea this AM and Chelsea's uncle Jon and Shanna will be visiting her this afternoon!  We are excited to finally get to start showing her off :-) 

Having our baby girl at home is a dream come true.  We are both smiling from ear to ear and are so in love with this precious little being.  It seems as if in the few short days that we've had her we've both softened and slowed down.  Ben and I have also realized that we are a REALLY good team!  Having a baby is a true test in regards to respect and consideration in a relationship.  Chelsea has really brought us together and has really made us appreciate the other person so much.  Nothing in this world is more important to me than my little three person (and two dog!) family at this time. 

Time for the pics :-)










No comments:

Post a Comment