September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Visitors and random tid bits



It is sunday evening (1/30/2011) and my eyes are heavy and my body is sore.  We had a busy but good weekend with lots of visitors.  I think I need to slow down a bit because my body is reminding me today that I went thru a major surgery a week ago.  It's time to listen to the doc and let myself 'heal' without pushing it for a few days. I think the "drugs" that I came home with have masked the pain almost completely and work a little too well.  It probably didn't help that Mina decided to jump on my belly while I was laying in bed yesterday morning - OUCH! The boppy will be my new best friend in feeding and holding Chelsea for a few days.  It's just so hard for me not to bend over to pick her up, carry her everywhere with me and do lots of "normal" tasks that I'm not supposed to be doing for a few weeks. 

We brought Chelsea to Ridgedale Mall today.  It was the first time using her stroller and only the second time bringing her out of the house.  She slept the entire time in the car seat and in the stroller while we were at the mall.  I was so happy that our "outing" went smoothly.  It was really nice of Ben to drive us to the mall. He is not a fan of malls nor the stores I wanted to go to (Sephora and a couple baby stores) but brought me to Ridgedale without complaint knowing that I can't drive or carry her carseat by myself right now.  I personally think the attention he gets from all the random women cooing over Chelsea while he has her in the stroller didn't hurt either! :-)  Once Ben goes back to work I will most likely take Chelsea to the mall and walk around with her frequently to get some exercise since it's so cold outside!

Katie, Kjirsten, Jon (Ben's Brother) and Shanna came to visit Chelsea yesterday.  She slept almost the entire time for both visits.  It was nice to have friends over for some adult social interaction.  My parents and brother's family came to visit today.  She was wide awake for most of the time that they were here.  Jillian had premade us a dinner and brownies as well.  It was so nice to have a home cooked meal today!  I go from loving cooking to not going anywhere near my stovetop nor oven for the past week. 

Once again, time for the pictures :-)













No comments:

Post a Comment