September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Ben Back to Work

It is 4:15AM on Friday morning.  I am sitting out in my living room with my precious little daughter laying next to me on the couch.  Those beautiful blue eyes are fluttering as if she is fighting sleep.  I am quietly rooting for those eyes to stay shut :-)  Ben woke up with her at 3 to feed and change her.  When she wouldn't fall back asleep for him he woke me up since he has to get up at 6:30 for work.  She is what I have coined as "happy awake" at the moment.  She has been fed, changed, has been cuddled, has her binkie, is not crying and is just laying there - with her eyes wide open.  "Happy Awake" is great during the day and especially nice when she is like this for Ben when he gets home from work.  But the middle of the night it gets frustrating since it can last until her next feeding...which could be another 2 hours.  No amount of rocking and cuddling will get those eyes to shut if she is content. 

Ben has been back to work full time since Monday.  It has been a big adjustment for all three of us.  Monday was tough for me.  Chelsea only napped for two hours total and those were the hours that my parents were here visiting.  So no nap for me.  The rest of the days have been better.  I've upped her feedings to 3 ounces at a time (which she chooses to drink all of at almost every feeding) which seems to be helping her sleep for longer spans of time. 

We visited with a new pediatrician on Tuesday.  Chelsea is back to her birth weight and has the clean bill of health.  This pediatrician seemed to be "nicer" and "better" than the previous dummy.  We aren't 100% sold on her yet, but will give it a few visits.  Chelsea's next scheduled well visit check isn't until she turns 2 months of age.  So that means....  in 5 weeks time she will be getting some vaccinations :(  I am not looking forward to watching her go through needle pokes for the first time. 

As of right now Chelsea is sleeping in a pack and play in the living room.  Ben and I have been taking turns sleeping in the living room on the couch so we can hear when she wakes up for a feeding.  We do have a baby monitor, but it has been set up in her nursery on her crib.  I've been trying to transition her to her crib for naps the past few days with not a whole lot of success.  She will be sleeping out in the living room then will be quietly transferred to the crib.  Generally within 5 minutes she will wake up and start crying for us.  We will go get her and bring her back to the living room if she won't calm down in the crib.  She will then immediately fall asleep again...in the living room of course.  I'm thinking her nursery may be a different temp and less noisy than the living room and she feels the difference.  I'm going to keep trying tomorrow (or should I say later today?!) to get her used to her crib.  The sooner we can get her to sleep in there the sooner we can get our living room back!

It is now 12:30PM.... Chelsea did go back to sleep for me early this morning for a few hours!  I now have her in the crib for a nap and am crossing my fingers that she takes to it today.  Our washer and drier are near her room.  She seems to prefer noise so I am making an effort to do laundry while I have her in her room today.  Hopefully the machines help lull her to sleep.   

No updated pictures to post for this blog unfortunately :(   Hopefully we will have some for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment