September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Smiles :-)

We all had another big week last week.  Chelsea turned 1 month old on the 23rd and she is starting at act like a "little human" instead of a sack of potatoes!  Our favorite discovery is that she is starting to smile in reaction to us (not just gas pains)!  She smiled a couple times yesterday and has really started showing me her beautiful grin more and more today.  I am really hoping she decides to show ben her gums when he gets home from work.... and not in only a crying fashion :)

Chelsea is also showing so much interest in items around her.  She is really liking her playmat.  It has five toys hanging down over her, a mirror and some crinkly sounding items on the floor of the mat.  Reaching out and purposely touching an item hasn't come to her yet, but her arms and legs flail around and her eyes are locked on certain items.  I've also attached a hanging toy on her car seat that she really loves looking at. 

We are also upping her formula ounces to 4 per feeding.  She seems to drink the 3 ounce bottles very easily and is eating more frequently than normal.  Tonight will be her first 4 ounce bottle and we are hoping she keeps it down.  She is still waking up 1 - 2 times per night.  Hopefully upping her ounces to 4 will keep her to waking up only once. 

Friday we took her to a gathering with a bunch of friends.  she did so well.  It was so nice because our friends really wanted to hold her, feed her and Kjirsten even asked to change a diaper!  That helped out Ben and I a lot and we could hang out and enjoy ourselves without worrying about tending to her as much.  That night was my first night having multiple beers since her birth.  I had a great time, but the next morning was a little rough.  Saturday we attended Aiden's 5th birthday at a waterpark hotel.  Again, Chelsea was a perfect angel and lots of people helped us out by holding her.  Saturday was Ben's night to drink the multiple beers :)

I am on week 5 of my recovery from surgery and am starting to feel great!  My incision is still sore which keeps me from wearing anything but workout pants on a daily basis, but all in all I'm feeling great.  I have my post delivery doctor appointment on March 8th.  Hopefully my doctor gives me the go ahead to start working out again.  I am looking forward to shedding these last 10 pounds and fitting into my pre baby clothes once again!

Picture time!

Ben decided to put chelsea in the dog bed with the dog toys


Kjirsten and Chelsea

Kjirsten, Doug and Chelsea

One month old!

Beautiful girl

Ben and Chelsea trying out her new playmat

Chelsea lovin' her new playmat

Cris and Chelsea

Tammy and Chelsea

Roy and Chelsea



No comments:

Post a Comment