September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

One Week Old!

Lots of odds and ends....

Little Chelsea is now one week and two days old!  We've been home for almost a week now.   Chelsea is doing very well and hasn't been too fussy for us... Knocking on wood that this trend continues!  Grandma Fisher flew in from CA last night and is staying with us until Sunday.  She has already been a great help.  Since she was still on CA time she insisted on taking the first "night shift" with Chelsea last night.  Ben and I actually slept in the same bed for a few hours last night AND with Ben taking the second "night shift" I got 6 straight hours of sleep!  Feels great!

Ben and I have asked his brother Jon and my brother Joel and my sister in law Jillian to be Chelsea's Godparents.  They have all accepted!  We are planning on baptizing her sometime this Spring.

On Monday we were so excited because Chelsea had her first pediatrician appointment.  At her appointment she weighed 9 pounds 5 ounces and is 21 inches long.  That puts her in the 95th percentile for weight and 90th percentile for height!   Her health is good, but the actual pediatrician was an epic FAIL!  I could complain forever about him, but but will spare you the long rant and rave.  He was basically very impersonal, gave Chelsea the quick once over, rushed the appointment and left us with more questions than answers.  SO - we have another appointment next week with a different person.  Hopefully this pediatrician works out better.  We will bring her to person after person until we find the right fit if we have to. Our little Chelsea deserves only the best!

Monday night our neighbor brought us a huge pan of lasagna, warm bread sticks, salad and chocolate chip cookies.  It was so incredibly nice of her!  The last thing I feel like doing is cooking right now and having a home cooked meal available to us is such a blessing.  I never thought I would appreciate gifts of food so much.

Mina and molly are still pretty much ignoring Chelsea.  Both of them will randomly walk up to her and sniff her but that is about all the interaction up to this point.  Hopefully they warm up to her a little more eventually.  Right now Mina and Molly probably feel a tad bit neglected and I'm sure they "blame" Chelsea.  We are trying our hardest to pay as much attention to them as we can. 

I got on the scale and have realized that I have already dropped 20 of the 40 pounds that I gained during the pregnancy!  I guess that is one benefit of having a large baby.  I'm sure the next 20 pounds will be much  more difficult to lose.  I am on day two of the herbalife "diet" and will be able to start working out in about 5 more weeks (hopefully).  My goal is to be back to pre baby weight by May.  Once Chelsea turns 3 months I can add her to our health club membership. We will be able to drop her off at the child care center at the health club for up to 2 hours a day.  The best part is that her membership only costs an extra $5 a month.  That is the cheapest day care you'll find anywhere!

New pictures...






No comments:

Post a Comment