September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thru Thursday 2/3/11

Chelsea is now 13 days old and has been at home with us for 10 days!  We've both been loving everything about being parents....  including...  Shorter spans of sleep and going to bed early on weekend nights to wake up for middle of the night feedings.  Any and all "sacrifices" that we've had to make because of having a newborn to care for are completely worth it in our eyes. 

Chelsea had a very big day on Wed.  Ben, Grandma Jane and I brought her to Babies R Us and Ridgedale mall during the day.  At night we brought her to watch Ben's 7:45 Volleyball game at Forest Elementary School in Crystal.  Chelsea slept for the first half of the match and then became a little fussy.  I took her out of her car seat and fed her and held her a bit while we were watching.  Then I learned a valuable lesson...  She decided that Ben's Volleyball match was a perfect place to poop.  Normally this would not be a big deal.  But - since I'm still learning and a new mom being at an elementary school with no bathrooms with a changing table proved interesting.  I had to lay a blanket on the floor in the bathroom to change her.  I had two diapers and 5 wipes with.  While I was changing her she decided to poop AGAIN in one of the new diapers.  So - I have one diaper and two wipes left.  I quick got her cleaned up and the diaper put on.  I suspected that she had gone AGAIN in her last diaper.  There was nothing I could do about it but wait till we got home to change her again.  From now on I will be bringing ten fresh diapers and an entire package of wipes no matter how short our outing.  Hmmm... you can tell I'm now a mom since I am now telling poop stories!

We also decided that we'd attempt to give Chelsea her first bath this week.  We can't fully immerse her in water yet because her umbilical cord stump hasn't fallen out yet, but wanted to give her a sponge bath and lotion her to make her look and feel a little better.  She was a trooper through the entire bath!  Ben and I are complete novices and bathed her with no guidance what so ever.  She never cried nor got fussy.  We are so blessed with a "well behaved" baby who seems to be patient with first time parents. 

Ben and I went out to a dinner sans baby (Grandma Jane was nice enough to watch Chelsea at home for us) Thursday night.  We went to Pittsburgh Blue in Maple Grove.  It was really nice to get a couple hours to ourselves and have a relaxing dinner.  We don't have any baby sitters nor family right around he area, so I'm not sure when the next time we will be able to go anywhere without Chelsea will be. 

I am starting to feel better and better every day.  I am not as sore as I was last week and not taking as many "drugs" as I was.  Towards the evening hours I generally have to lay down and relax, but during the day I have been more and more active around the house.  It's nice to be able to hold Chelsea for longer increments before having to set her down or pass her off to someone.  It's also nice to be able to do some housework... something a person wouldn't think she would miss!  I've also lost 27 pounds without really trying.  I'm eating healthy, but haven't been active at all.  13 more pounds to go! 

Jane went to the Lifetime Fitness in Maple Grove and found out that I do NOT have to wait 3 months to bring Chelsea to the health club with me (At 3 months I can put her in the health club daycare while I work out) but can bring her in a baby carrier and walk around the indoor track!  That is GREAT news.  I'm chomping at the bit to act on this new found knowledge but I'm going to give her another week or so to strengthen her neck and me a week or so to heal a bit more.

Picture time!












No comments:

Post a Comment