September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Chelsea's (and Ben and Trisha's) Big Weekend!

We had a big weekend with lots of visitors and taking Chelsea to her first Superbowl Party!  I think we bit off a bit more than we could chew.  We are still learning how much Chelsea can handle at this time and I am still thinking I can handle more than I can at this stage in recovery.  Now I understand why so many people advised me against a C-Section if possible.  It's pretty frustrating when it hurts too much to pick up my own baby in her car seat.  It's nice that I have the go ahead to drive now, but it doesn't help me too much when I can't bring Chelsea with me anywhere.  Any way, enough of my complaining... time for the update :-)

Friday was an exciting day for us.  Uncle Steve came over for dinner, drinks and ping pong.  Well, drinks to me nowadays is one or two beers.  I have no desire at this time for more nor want to risk getting tipsy with middle of the night feedings!  He also got to meet Chelsea for the first time!  Ben, Steve and I spend a lot of time together at Lake Mina in the summer.  He is a very important part of our lives.  He was so good and patient with Chelsea.  We are so excited to bring her to the cabin a bunch this summer!  Is 6 months too early for her to learn how to troll for Northern???

Saturday Chelsea had lots of visitors.  In the morning our friend Jaimala came over to meet her.  Jaimala's husband Shane unfortunately had to stay home since he was sick and didn't want to expose Chelsea nor us to catching his cold.  Jaimala showed up bearing lots of frozen foods for us.  It is so nice to receive gifts of food.  I never realized how difficult it would be to make a decent meal at this time.  We've played volleyball with Jaimala and Shane for years and they used to be a client of mine when I ran Happy Paws.  Steve and Lauren Kavan came over to visit Chelsea Saturday afternoon.  Chelsea slept the entire visit - even when we flipped her over for tummy time!  Maybe meeting Chelsea gave them the baby itch???  we shall see!  They also showed up bearing food.  Lauren made me one of my favorite dinners... Moroccan Vegetables and Couscous!  My eyes just lit up seeing what was put in the fridge :)

Jon (Ben's brother) and Shanna (Jon's girlfriend) came over around 4 on Saturday.  They took Jane out for dinner in Maple Grove.  Once they came home from dinner Jon and Shanna stayed for a bit to hang out with Chelsea a little more.  Needless to say, Saturday was one exhausting (but good) day!  Saturday evening was also Jane's last night in town.  She unfortunately had to fly back home to CA Sunday AM.  We appreciated all her help and are so happy she had a chance to meet and hang out with her granddaughter so soon after her birth. 

Sunday AM Ryan and Stephanie Fabick came over to meet Chelsea.  They ALSO came bearing the gift of food!  Once again my eyes lit up when I saw what was put in my fridge...  Fresh cut fruit, cut veggies with hummus and a frozen homecooked meal to reheat at a later time!  I'm beginning to think that I may not ever have to cook again :)  Mina and Molly were also very excited to see Ryan and Steph...  they have stayed at their house several times when Ben and I have been out of town.  Mina and Molly were very appreciative of the attention since Ben and I haven't been able to give them as much as we used to. 

Sunday afternoon / evening we went to a SuperBowl party at Jim and LeAnn Dake's house in Chanhassen.  Some of our other friends (our Jamaica crew!) were also there.  It was so nice to get out of the house and have some sort of "normalcy" in our lives.  Chelsea was pretty mellow for the first hour or so but then became really fussy.   We realized that she was way over stimulated. After trying to calm Chelsea for awhile and with the rest of the weekend catching up to us we were both mentally and physically exhausted. We had a wonderful time but ended up leaving right after the halftime show. I was in bed by 9 before the SuperBowl was even over...  that is definitely a first! 

Today (Monday) Ben went back to work :(  I am going to wait for my next blog to write about Chelsea and my first week together without Ben around during the day.  I will say this...  I really missed Ben today.  Not only because it's easier to take care of a newborn with an extra set of hands around, but because it was so nice to be able to spend time with him while he wasn't working.  I really became "attached" to him being around the house.  I'm busy with Chelsea, but miss seeing my best friend as much as I had the past two weeks....


















No comments:

Post a Comment