September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eczema?

It's 9:00PM on Tuesday evening and I'm sitting here watching Ben spread Aveeno Baby Eczema Therapy lotion on a confused infant's face and neck.  Chelsea has sported a blotchy red rash for awhile and it seems as if it's gotten worse as of late.  Initially we had thought it was baby acne and just left it alone.  I took her to the doctor today to have him take a look at the rash.  It has been diagnosed as Eczema at this time.  We are supposed to only bathe her twice a week and lotion her up daily. I have also bought some fragrance free 7th generation laundry soap to wash her clothes in.  Who knew baby Dreft has fragrance and irritants in it?!

 Hopefully this "treatment" does the trick.  I am not 100% convinced it is Eczema / severely dry irritated skin.  I am wondering if she is reacting to her formula as well.  We are going to put some gripe water in her bottles for a few days and see if that helps some other symptoms she is having.  If her skin doesn't clear up and her fussiness and gas don't go away by her 2 month appointment we'll question him about it again.  She hasn't been sleeping as well the past few days and seems very uncomfortable :(

On a more positive note...  I went to my 6 week (can you believe it's already been 6 weeks since Chelsea has joined us?!) post delivery check up today.  My infection has cleared up and I have gotten the OK to work out again!  I went to the health club after Ben got home from work tonight.  I started very slowly by biking for 30 minutes and going on the elliptical for 20 minutes at a slow pace.  It felt absolutely wonderful!  Hopefully I gain more energy now that I can workout and it benefits me at home with Chelsea. My doctor said it will take a full year for my body to fully "recover" from the surgery but if I listen to my body I am good to go at the health club, and most importantly, playing volleyball!

What else to write??  Chelsea's doing very well when I take her out and about with me - she generally sleeps the entire time.  Chelsea now weighs 10 pounds 8 ounces.  Ben and I have been pretty sleepy the past few days because of her not wanting to sleep as much as normal. Mina has been "sucking up" to me big time by following me around and by climbing up on me and giving me lot of doggy kisses.  Poor thing must be missing mom's total attention :(  I've been lucky to have been able to meet up with some friends for lunches / dinners the past week.  It's so nice to be able to get some occasional "adult time" in.  Ben's Wed night Co-Ed volleyball team won their volleyball league (out of 12 teams).  Coborn's grocery delivery has become out new best friend :-)

Chelsea sitting on our living room couch


Chelsea wearing some pretty headbands our friend Cris made for her




No comments:

Post a Comment