September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Lazy Friday

I was just the middle of getting ready to go to Ridgedale with Chelsea and changed my mind.  We are NOT going to leave the house today!  Chelsea's had so many outings, chaos with people over and a trial day of daycare yesterday that I decided it would be good for both of us to just hang out at home today. 

Last Saturday we took Chelsea to a Baptism class at our church.  There were about 10 other couples there as well.  The pastor told us that our church does an average of 150 baptisms a year!  That is such a change for me because I grew up in a small town and am not use to the vast size of this church yet.  Chelsea's baptism is set for June.

Ben's 30th birthday was on Monday!  We ended up going on a walk, making a nice dinner and hanging out as a family at home  I ordered Ben the new IPAD (didn't think standing in line for three hours at best buy for a chance at getting one when they first came out was logical with an infant) for his gift but he won't get it for another two weeks.  It's a gift that he would never buy himself and completely deserves. 

Tuesday night I was asked to sub on a woman's volleyball team which I was very excited about.  It was a lot tougher than I thought it would be unfortunately.  I played ok but am definitely not as quick, scrappy or really able to jump well.  My abs are a long way away from being healed.  I guess it's just another negative of having a c section.  I've been asked to play again this coming up Tuesday so hopefully my strength only continues to improve. 

This week Chelsea and I also visited a few daycares around the area.  We are going to send her to daycare one day a week for socialization and to give mom some free time.  Two daycares have really stood out to me for completely different reasons and I'm really struggling on making a final decision on where we will be sending her.  She did go to one of them on Thursday for a free trial day.  She did so well and the daycare told me that she is a very, very good baby and they would be excited to have her there.  I took full advantage of the day she was at daycare by getting a massage, working out, getting lunch at jimmy johns, sitting in the hottub, walking the dogs and baking cookies.  One day a week of me being able to do whatever I want without bringing Chelsea with me everywhere will be a great refresher. 

We had people over last saturday night and Ben had some guys over to play ping pong last night as well.  It has been a very busy week for both us and Chelsea.  Time for me to log off, pick up my sweet baby girl and enjoy a day with no plans!







No comments:

Post a Comment