September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Advancement & Setback

Lets start with the good news.  Chelsea is FINALLY sleeping in her crib! She has slept in the nursery the past two nights and has taken many of her daytime naps in the crib.  She really likes her vibrating chair bouncy seat thing to nap in as well. This is a big deal for us because we can now get about half the baby stuff OUT of our living room!  We still have a swing and a playmat in the living room, but it feels like we have so much more room now that the pack and play has been taken out.  It is amazing what "things"  I get excited about now that I'm a mom :-)

Now the bad news.  The area around my incision (from the CSsection Surgery) has been sore the past couple days.  I have a pretty high pain tolerance so I just wrote it off as part of my recovery.  I woke up this morning and it was even more painful and no matter how baggy and soft my pants are they still irritated it badly.  I figured that calling the nurse line would be helpful and maybe they could give me some hints on how to make this part of the recovery a little easier.  Well, after calling the nurseline my doctor called me back and requested that I come in immediately.  Thank goodness my parents are in town so they could stay with Chelsea while I ran to the doctor's office.  It is much easier to not have to get her ready to go somewhere and tote her along. 

I walked out of the doctor's office with the diagnosis of an infection at / around the incision site and a prescription for an antibiotic.  I really hope the antibiotic kicks in fast because the irritation is driving me crazy.  It's tough to do anything active around the house (cleaning, cooking, picking up, playing with Chelsea, etc.) and even hurts to feed chelsea since she sits on a pillow during the feedings that I put on my lap which rubs against the incision.  I've been trying to just sit on the couch for the past hour and rest but I am so antsy and eyeing the dishwasher that needs to be emptied.  I'm horrible at "recovering" correctly.  I also am so excited about getting the green light next Tuesday to resume normal activities 100% so hopefully this is NOT a set back. 

Finally in the crib!


Chelsea's favorite napping place!

No comments:

Post a Comment