September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Como Zoo!!

In my normal fashion, this blog is a little delayed.  LAST Saturday (the 10th) was an absolutely wonderful day / night!  My brother and family (Jillian, and my three beautiful nieces) came to visit and spent the night.  During the day we visited the Como Zoo.  Visiting a zoo is definitely chaotic with four kids (3 of them being 5 & under) and very fun :-)  It's so much fun to see the smiles and excitement on all the little ones' faces.  I haven't been to the Como Zoo for years and had forgotten about the beautiful aboretum.  The building with all the flowers smelled absolutely amazing.  It really made me miss having a garden of my own.  We had a rather large garden at our old house in Plymouth in which I spent many hours tending to each week. 

After the zoo we went back to our house in Maple Grove and let the kids play for a couple hours before dinner.  Chelsea is such a social baby.  She absolutely LOVED playing with / being around her cousins.  She especially love Ari (2 years old). We sat down to dinner (chimichangas) and Chelsea decided that dinnertime was the perfect time to show us her new game.  I put a pile of toys on her highchair table (to keep her entertained while we were eating) and she would pick them up one by one and drop them to the floor.  After they were all on the floor she would cry until I'd pick them up for her.  Then she would get excited and laugh and start the process all over again!  What a little stinker :)  Joel, Jillian, Ben and I closed out the night by playing a card game called Bid.  I really enjoyed the game and need a rematch sometime soon.  I ended up in last place :-(

Warning:  Lots of pictures!   I also have a short video of the girls playing that I have not uploaded to youtube yet.  I will do so in the next couple days and post it in a blog.




















No comments:

Post a Comment