September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Blue Fin Bay #1

Blue Fin Bay in Tofte Minnesota is one of Ben and my favorite places to be.  Last weekend was our fifth time staying at Blue Fin over Labor Day Weekends.  The North Shore is such a peaceful and relaxing place to be.  Being able to share this experience with Chelsea was so wonderful and I would've stayed much much longer if I could've.

Words, to me, don't do a stay at the North Shore justice but I'll try with several blogs and pictures.  I'll write more about what we did within the pictures that I post.  Overall, we spent a ton of time outside wandering around, throwing rocks into the lake, swimming in the pool / hot tub, visiting Grand Marais, eating and just living life at a slow pace.  Chelsea really thrived up there.  She absolutely loves the outdoors and is such a adventurous and curious little girl. 

On the pregnancy front this vacation really was a nice 'break' for my body.  I had some pretty bad back pains on Friday night which was most likely caused from the hectic week and the long drive up there.  From Saturday morning thru Monday morning I rarely had any more pains and actually felt GREAT!  It has been a long time since I've rolled out of bed feeling relaxed and my body almost felt like my own again.  I credit the relaxing environment we were in, not chasing after a toddler on my own while trying to clean the house and take care of my to do lists at home and having Ben there to do the 'heavy lifting' with Chelsea. 

Another bonus of the weekend was that our friends Chuck, Andi and their little girl Maddie were able to join us as well!  They stayed right next door to us and we were fortunate to spend a lot of time together.  Chelsea is only 3 weeks older than Maddie so they enjoyed most of the same things and played so well together.  My favorite memory of those two during the trip was during a very annoying (yet cute!!) 30 minute drive to Grand Marais.  We all piled into Chuck and Andi's mini van and headed out.  Maddie's car seat was installed backwards in the middle row and Chelsea's was forwards in the back row.  They had a perfect line of vision towards each other.  Most of the drive was filled with them screaming back and forth (Chelsea taught maddie how to be loud!), fake coughing at each other (Which Maddie taught Chelsea!), playing peekaboo and giggling.  It melts my heart to see those two having so much fun together!

I didn't take any pictures on Friday night.  We got up to BlueFin around 5pm (after a 5 hour drive with lots of traffic and construction).  We went to the BlueFin Grill for dinner with Chuck, Andi and Maddie.  The food, in my opinion, wasn't very good and overpriced.  This is the first time I have NOT enjoyed my food at the BlueFin Grill.  The resort had a bonfire going and was offering free smores from 6-10.  We went over there after dinner and made some smores and Chelsea enjoyed hers immensly.  She was COVERED with chocolate and marshmellow afterwards!

With that said, I'm going to start posting pictures and multiple blogs with details of our weekend. 

 
Pictures of our condo.  These were taken at night but out the windows was a deck and Lake Superior.  This is the living room / dining room area.  The bed is pulled out because we decided to put Chelsea in the master bedroom to sleep and we took this room.  This way we could stay up and read / watch TV and not worry about waking her after she went to sleep.  

 
The kitchen area.  We cooked two breakfasts for the 6 of us here and Chuck and Andi cooked a dinner for us.  It's so nice (and necessary in my mind) to have a full kitchen during vacations.  

 
Another view of the living room area

 
The door on the left is to the bathroom and the door on the right is to the master bedroom.  Doors are shut because Chelsea was sleeping at the time these pictures were taken :)

 
View from the living room towards the entrance.

 
Saturday morning!  One of my favorite times of the day on both Saturday and Sunday were the mornings.  We would give chelsea her herbalife shake upon waking and then would walk down the lake walk to the main office.  Ben and I would each grab a cup of coffee and wander on over to the playground.  We'd sit and enjoy our coffees while Chelsea would stretch her legs and play around the playground.  



 
What is that Daddy?

 
smells yummy!

 
We stopped at the beach area on our walk back to our condo to let Chelsea play a little more before breakfast.  






 
Chelsea loved throwing rocks into the lake.  She could've sat there for ten hours a day throwing rocks!







 
Getting ready to cook breakfast!

 
What, I'm not supposed to play with these?!


Since there are so many pictures already posted on this blog I'll continue on (with about 100 more pictures!) with more blogs :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment