September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Laguna Beach

I flew out to Laguna Beach for my friend Burnedette's wedding last weekend.  My friend Amanda and I flew out together Friday morning and  met Josie (who lives in Colorado) at the hotel.  The actual wedding was on Saturday evening so we had a little time to 'play' before the big ceremony!  we had decent weather, great girl time and lots of laughs! 
 
Amanda and I in the cab on the way to the hotel.
 
A view from the walk out of our room
 
Directly in front of the walkout of our room.
 
Josie, Amanda and I went to grab a late lunch on Friday.  Our first drinks of the vacation!
 
View from lunch
 
We went back to our room after lunch to sit on the walkout and have some more cocktails!
 
So relaxing!  Especially for Josie and I who were on a mini vacation sans kiddos!  It's weird (but nice!) being able to sit, relax and not having to tend to someone else's needs at every moment of the day!
 
The beautiful sunset on Friday!

 
We ended up walking a little too far (45 minutes!) Friday night in heels to a restaurant that was supposed to be in walking distance.  Walking distance yes, but definitely not with heels on.  My feet were incredibly ripped up the next morning.  I had three blisters and one blood blister.  OUCH!  I woke up at 6:00 to walk to the store to get band aids!

 
Saturday AM

 
We went to starbucks to get a coffee and sat by the beach to drink them.  It was so peaceful, beautiful and relaxing!  it was so nice to be able to 'slow down' for a weekend and enjoy my surroundings.

 
This was our breakfast spot on Saturday.  The restaurant was filled with antiques and decorations to buy.  It was such a fun environment.
 
We decided to walk around Laguna to check out some of the stores on Saturday afternoon.  We stopped for lunch and ordered some very fun martinis!
 
I ordered a veggie burger and couscous at lunch.  It was the BEST veggie burger I have ever had.  I had dug in a bit before I took this picture so it's kind of messy.  YUM!
 
At lunch!

 
 
Amanda and Josie decided to do some more shopping so I decided to go back to the hotel pool and lounge.  It was so nice out and relaxing by the pool sounded perfect to me.
 
Time for the wedding!
 
Mike and Burnedette got married on the rooftop terrace and this was the view from my seat :)
 
Here comes the beautiful bride!
 
You can now kiss the bride!




 
my place setting.  On the back of my place card she attached a picture of the two of us.  Such a sweet and thoughtful idea!

 
View from the terrace

 
Josie, Amanda and I



No comments:

Post a Comment