September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Girlfriends!

I host a Girls' Christmas Party for some friends every year.  It's a great excuse to get together to 'catch up', have some cocktails and to play a little gift giving game.  I don't get too much girl time as of late so I really cherish the time that I DO get.  It was so nice that everyone was willing to drive out to my house because I'm not sure I would've had the energy to make it out anywhere else.

Since I was still recovering from surgery and have very little free time my friends all stepped up to help out.  Everyone brought some sort of food item or beverage to share.  Usually I provide everything but knew that would be next to impossible this year.  I am VERY blessed with this group of girlfriends.

Another big help was that my friend Josie (lives in Colorado) flew in Saturday morning to stay with us.  She brought her 3 month old, Brady, with but seemed to have endless energy to both take care of him and to help us out around the house.  Josie vacuumed the basement, helped set everything up for the party, baked brownies and took care of odds and ends around the house.  She was a lifesaver!

I dont' get to see Josie too often, but when we do get together it's like no time has passed.  Having a friend who you instantly feel a connection with and can relax and be yourself around is such a blessing.  It's too bad she lives several states away :(  

Here are some pictures from this past weekend!


Josie and Tyler

 
Tyler (3 weeks) and Brady (3 months)


 
Setting up for the girls Christmas Party!  



 
Ben took some random pictures for us


 
Katie, Chelsea and Val.  Nice pose Chelsea!

 
Brooke, Steph and Lauren.  Steph was 39 weeks pregnant here and gave birth to a beautiful baby boy less than two days after this picture was taken!

 
Brady hanging with the girls

 
Rita, Amanda, Renee, Kjirsten

 
Val and I

 
Chelsea hanging with the girls

 


 
Sunday Morning.  Chelsea loved Brady


Ben cooked us all a hot breakfast!

 
Ben and Brady

 
What a gorgeous baby!

 
Chelsea was trying to cheer up Brady with tickles... it didn't work

 
Daddy and Daughter play time!


No comments:

Post a Comment