September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tyler is 1 Month Old!

I can not believe that Tyler is now 1 month old!  We took him in for his check up today and he passed with flying colors.  He gained almost 2.5 pounds in the past three weeks and is now 10 pounds 7 ounces (75%).  He has also grown to 21 3/4 inches tall (50-75%)!  This explains why I've already had to store away three target bags worth of clothes that he has grown out of.  thank goodness all the clothes were hand me downs and gifts. 

Tyler is a very snuggly baby.  He prefers to sleep in my arms and it is SOMETIMES tough to get him to sleep anywhere else.  He does like his big swing to nap in and sleeps in his pack n play at night.  We don't have him in the nursery yet.  I gave a feeble attempt at transferring him from the pack and play that is in the living room (which is right outside of our bedroom) to the crib in the nursery with no avail.  He would wake up within ten minutes of me laying him in the crib so I would try again and he would wake up again.  I did this a couple times and then realized that I couldn't focus all my attention on getting him in there since I do have a toddler running around the house as well.  Back in the pack and play he went!  Maybe we'll try again in a couple weeks. 

Tyler is drinking between 3 and 4 ounces of formula at a time!  He is definitely a growing boy.  He is sleeping pretty 'normal' for a newborn and waking up every 2-3 hours overnight.  He prefers to be swaddled in a sleep sack while he sleeps.  Chelsea never took to the swaddling. Ben and I are a little frusterated by how much he is awake at night, but have been reassured by the doctor that it is normal.  We were VERY spoiled with Chelsea because she was such a good little sleeper.

 I feel like I'm in a constant fog, constantly cranky and am barely keeping my head above water at this time.  I love the advice "sleep when the baby sleeps" but that only works for people with only the baby in the house unfortunately.  When Tyler sleeps I still have a very energetic toddler running around the house.  IF (which is abnormal) they both happen to be napping at the same time it is very difficult to take a nap because my mind is spinning with what else I need to get done.  I only have a 1.5 hour span during the day that chelsea is not running around the house and use it to shower, eat something, try and clean a bit, care for Tyler in peace if he is awake or sit on the couch and catch my breath.

 Needless to say, i am in bed as early as possible every night in hopes to get atleast 6 hours of broken sleep.  Thank goodness we have had a little bit of help here and there.  Ben was home for almost 3 weeks, my parents have come into town on a couple of occasions to watch the kiddos while I run some errands / take care of stuff around the house and Chelsea goes to daycare every Wednesday.  We are playing with the idea of sending Chelsea to more daycare, but it is very expensive to do so. 

There isn't too much else to report because 1 month olds don't hit too many milestones :)  Below are some pictures I took this morning!

Some floor playtime this morning

 
Birthday bath to smell pretty


 
Time for 1 month pictures!  Thanks to Lauren for giving me the month stickers to put on his onsie!








 
The morning activities really wore Tyler out!





No comments:

Post a Comment