September 2015

September 2015
Blog for Ben, Trisha, Chelsea, Tyler & Mina!

Friday, March 21, 2014

Ben's birthday and more!

Here are some more phone photos!  I seem to take more photos on my phone lately than with the camera.  As with the other blogs, this one is filled with miscellaneous fun pictures :-)
 
I brought Tyler to Ridgedale one day last week.   He discovered the drinking fountain and had a lot of fun doing so!  I held him up to it for a few minutes and when it was time to move on he definitely let me know his displeasure about being taken from his new favorite activity :)




 
Tyler LOVES stuffed animals.  He sleeps with three and carries a couple around with him everywhere.  The yellow lion is his #1 lovie.  We don't ever leave home without him.
 
Chelsea pushing Tyler in a cart at Jo Ann Fabrics.  Chelsea's friends Blake and Bradley turned 3 last week.  We made the boys Spiderman and Batman blankets.  It was really fun making boy themed blankets.  I can't wait until Tyler starts really getting into 'boy things'. 


 
Chelsea making her first ever bead necklaces!  We collected shells off the beach in Naples.  She added a shell to each of the necklaces and we gave the necklaces to her friends!


 
3 of the 10 we made!

 
Chelsea's friend Maddie showing off her necklace

 
We had company tickets to the Wild Game last Thursday and brought our friends Tait and Diana. The game was one day before Ben's birthday so they helped him celebrate early!



 
 This is last Friday morning.... Ben's birthday!  Chelsea and I made daddy a cake!  Here is Chelsea watching it very closely in the oven :)

 
While Chelsea was napping I frosted the cake and put on the Reeses Pieces (one of Ben's favorite candies).  I was playing with the idea of letting Chelsea frost it, but decided against it since it was a little more complex as a double layer cake.  Maybe if we wouldn't have had Tyler underfoot the entire time :)

 
I took several pictures of Chelsea putting the candles and sprinkles on the cake.  Unfortunately those pictures are on the camera which I haven't downloaded yet.  I will do so soon so I can post. 
 
 
Chelsea was very excited about the cake that she helped decorate.  She was so proud that daddy love it!

 
Nummy!

 
The morning after Ben's birthday.  Ben ready to take Chelsea to Cinderella's ball at the Maple Grove Community Center!
 
Little did Ben know that I had contacted Uncle Steve earlier in the week to show up at the house while they were gone at the Ball.  Ben insisted that he didn't want a big Birthday Celebration but I knew he'd love to have Steve spend a couple days with us.  Ben was very happily surprised when he arrived home to see Steve's truck in the driveway!
 


 
Ben's birthday celebration dinner at Pittsburgh Blue! The kids were fairly well behaved and our food was excellent.  A great dinner!

 
Yum Yum Yum!

 
Ben's Birthday Dessert!  A very yummy red velvet cupcake with fresh strawberry (??) sauce.

 
I don't have much of a sweet tooth so I enjoyed a cup of coffee after our meal.  If you ever see me drinking a cup of coffee after dinner you know I really enjoyed the food :)

 
After the kids went to bed we played darts or a bit.  I'm decent at darts, but not amazing.  The first three darts I threw were triple 19, triple 20 and triple 18!  I'm wondering if I'll EVER be able to do that again.  

 
Steve was planning on leaving Monday morning.  It was sleeting and pretty icy until about noon on Monday so the kids got some bonus Steve time!
 

Chelsea 'teaching' Steve to color.


 
Tyler joining in the fun!

 
Chelsea was pretty sick on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.  I couldn't resist snapping a picture of her all snuggled up with blankets and her lovies!

 
Chelsea covering her head with a blanket to hide from the camera

 
Since Chelsea wasn't feeling good she said that Molly was sick.  She proceeded to cover Molly up with a blanket, give Molly her Elsa doll and pet her :)

 
Molly was in heaven with all the attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment